Brandon Fernandes

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points

@bad because Alwyn's form has dropped a lot

• Archak said: "@bad because Alwyn's form has dropped a lot".<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I disagree. Alwyn has been doing well for a player his age and honestly I thought people just overrated him. Seriously, the average Indian football fan just needs to see a simple step over and then a run of 15 yards with the ball and automatically he is a "future star of India" who the fan will then talk about as if he has made it to stardom already.</div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @arsenalkid700 yeah i know what you mean plus come to think of it can anyone confirm Alwyn's Age?? i guess you remember that
  • archak wrote: »
    @arsenalkid700 yeah i know what you mean plus come to think of it can anyone confirm Alwyn's Age?? i guess you remember that

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>The age I have is 21. He was born in 1992. That is confirmed by the AIFF as well.</div>
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Archak said: "@bad because Alwyn's form has dropped a lot".<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I disagree. Alwyn has been doing well for a player his age and honestly I thought people just overrated him. Seriously, the average Indian football fan just needs to see a simple step over and then a run of 15 yards with the ball and automatically he is a "future star of India" who the fan will then talk about as if he has made it to stardom already.</div><br>How many Indian Footballers have we seen who have made a run like that and attempted a stepover like that and that too in their very 1st international match.For his age and position (CAM),i feel he has got the talent to be a bright player for India and play in European Leagues like(Belgium,Norway,Sweden)etc and do well there.At his 21 consistency should not be a major issue because players are still learning and are raw.He surely was responsible for creating that goal for India against Palestine.<br><br>Alwyn surely has to be the best bets along with Brandon,Gurpreet,Dika,Sandesh,Uttam,JEJE to Play abroad and perhaps in Europe among upcoming Indian players in 4-5 years or earlier. <br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I wont deny that, he surely is but you missed what my post was about. People are overrating him now, expecting him to be world-class today just because of a couple of moves that I have seen even Sushil Singh do (SAFF Cup 2011 Final anyone?).</font>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    but if we are playing SAFF teams then i wont mind an issue with giving him an international cap....<div>and we could get an idea of his quality not based on opponents team but compared to current indian internationals </div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    but if we are playing SAFF teams then i wont mind an issue with giving him an international cap....<div>and we could get an idea of his quality not based on opponents team but compared to current indian internationals </div>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>For Brandon? Ya, for 2013's SAFF Cup we should probably cap him. I was suspect at first but now I am like "fuck it". He will probably be a regular by 2015 so if he can just avoid the stardom effect that has hit players worldwide like Sani Emmanuel then he can play in the 2013 SAFF Cup. It would be good for Wim as well.</div>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    its been over a month, any news on him???wat he is doin??
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    We are in the onset of transfer season, but any news on Brandon? Where is he going? What is he doing?