Brandon Fernandes

Comments

• > ashindia said:
    > 1-2 years from now,hopefully I'll be reading these comments and laughing. 

I already am. :)
  • ashindiaashindia 9334 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > ashindia said:
    > > > Domnic said:
    > > > But what happens if Brendon fails while playing for NT. Everybody starts gunning for Savio then.
    > >
    > >

Savio needs to be replaced by Santosh Kashyap after this I-League ends

>
    >

Off topic on this thread but if I was Wim I would actually get someone foreign as his assistant. Someone who actually knows the style of play Wim wants to implement. Wim now knows Indian football. He has seen plenty of games. He does not need Savio anymore nor does he need an Indian assistant. He needs someone who knows football.

AIFF officials cant eat Biryani everyday if we hire a Foreign assistant. 
    =((

• Well actually thinking about it I don't want a foreign assistant as that would again be wasting more money. Honestly I just want the AIFF to go on hiatus and make a long-term plan that involves ways to improve the following tiers of Indian football in a cost efficient way that long-term can survive and eventually come out with a profit (5-10 years) and then pitch it to potential sponsors/investors:

1) The national league.
    2) The state leagues.
    3) Grassroots.

I feel money would be better spent here than at the international level now, specially at grassroots. As you have said, we do not have any important matches now till 2015 so why be so invested in the national team. 

It does leave a question though. We are paying Wim Koevermans a lot of money (I am guessing). I am willing to give him another chance as the new coach but is he really worth paying all that money for 3 years to do nothing. I understand long-term planning and all that and the fact that he might be the right man to lead the next batch of Indian youngsters but at his salary I do not think so. Should we sack him now? It would save a lot of money which would be better spent elsewhere.

This summer will be decision time for the AIFF. Interesting to see what they will do, if anything.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points

savio will be replaced?where dis news came 4m?any source???

i'would love to see that
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

First Wim should go.

• preetampreetam 870 Points

i think wim deserves one more chance...agreed we lose in challenger but...right now we have good sets of players which was not use in challenge qualifier...but he can do that in upcoming friendlies.....i'm optimistic his sense will cum to life....removing wim now will be bad idea as he saw a lot of matches in i-league and now he knows indian football better than before....

• > preetam said:
    > savio will be replaced?where dis news came 4m?any source???

i'would love to see that

No news. Just opinion from me and Ash. 
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala655 Points

there is no single mention of brandon fernandes in last ten post here

• How old is Brandon Fernandes now? He should now leave Academy and play in proper clubs/actual League. I guess his Academy wants some deal before he goes to any club? Or is he eligible to play for atleast Salgaocar next season. We are expecting too much if any English Club will sign him. Look at Edinho Junior-he is 19. Thats the impact which Brandon should make. Too much hype before playing actual football is a double edged sword.

• ashindiaashindia 9334 Points

He turned 18 last September.