Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    As previously suggested(by me), it is about time to integrate the Aadhar Card(Biometrics) to that generic software
    Deb_Banfootydip
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Here's Fela playing for Chanmari FC. What a decline for a player who was once thought to be one of the future stars for the senior team. It is also not that he didn't get opportunities, he was in the Arrows team throughout. Don't be surprised if some of the current youth players end up similarly. As I mentioned that the youth to senior transition doesn't always happen linearly.

Another player who has ended up in Chanmari FC is Lalrozama Fanai, the former Arrows sideback, who was in Bengaluru FC as well.

munna219777Deb_Ban
  • souravindiasouravindia 3675 Points

So question is how old is Fela now?

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    he was called for India u-22 in 2012. so he will be 25 or less. But maybe his real age is more than that.
  • RonnyRonny 10495 Points
    edited August 2015
    Yesterday I was wondering where is Lalrozama.. Guess Fela is done now.. We were fools to follow their career so closely
    arun
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    I can only guess that these guys got married now and also got some Government job in Mizoram thru Sports Quota. So staying in Mizoram with Family, secured job and Chanmari type club makes sense to them.
    Deb_Ban
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Lalrozama has chronic knee problem and also age had caught up with him...
    He spent years at both PFC acadmey and MB Sail Academy before a few years at Pailan.....then MMB and BFC....had to be well into his late 20's now...at least 7yrs over-age

Fela was called into U23 camp in 2014... he recently got marriwd and by the looks of it...is still struggling to lose the weight...
    That extra weight is most likely the cause of his knee injury...
    100 times better than Robin Singh. ..but will not ever make it because of usual issues..
    rudrareddevil87karenesudhakar2050
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Looks like we are looking to host the FIFA U-20 World Cup next and from the New Zealand one, I don't think we need to do much from infrastructure.

deepuarunEastBengalPride
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Cool... the captain of Celtic was snapped with a picture of him on the side of the street like a bum at 3 am a few months ago. Arturo Vidal recently got into a car crash which involved drinking during the Copa America. Sean St. Ledger was released from Orlando City from clubbing to much in New York City but is now doing well with Colorado.

As long as these kids don't let it affect them, who cares.

Also, what you doing in Cape Town?
    The real AGarun
  • jithuvjithuv 340 Points
    He is talking about the night club in goa named Cape Town.
    arun