Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited September 2015
    Drinking responsibly is no problem at all, but smoking whether on their time or not, as a professional athlete is certainly a serious issue. 

Sports science tells you that drinking regularly will affect your body and hence performance so as long as it is not heavy drinking every week, it is not a problem. You should see what some of the professional footballers get to in their off time in England. Raheem Sterling was out drinking after a heavy defeat against Utd in his second season at LFC and caused a scene, and was cautioned by the club, and his mother and agent notified.

Smoking certainly will get you a very stern warning and maybe even a cut of a week's wages at most clubs in Europe. I do not condone smoking at all, certainly a punishable event for a pro athlete IMO.
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29713 Points
    We should adopt rules from Iran and Saudi Arabia.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited September 2015
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Jack Wilshere :p

So... leaving this subject... seems like the AIFF are serious when they say they want to host the FIFA U-20 World Cup? So many questions! What will the venues be? Surely this is the perfect chance to now plan on building some proper football/athletic stadiums. I mean, ya, we can host U17 World Cup matches in cricket stadiums but the U20 World Cup? Surely not! Can we not create the stadiums they have in New Zealand like the Otago Stadium or Christchurch Stadium?

Also, who would play? Can we go for the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup cause that would be the next phase for the current U17 kids but if not, then we need to raise a new batch of kids!
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited September 2015
    I guess 6 venues are already decided.
    D Y Patil, Mumbai
    JLN Delhi, Salt Lake, Goa, Guwahati, Kochi.

Only D Y Patil is a proper cricket stadium. Goa and Kochi are 50:50 you can say.

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Wish they would renovate Ambedkar and Rabindra Sarobar in Delhi and Kolkata respectively. You wont get even 10000 in Salt Lake unless some major nation play, same same in JLN.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @munna219777 Did you cut down your response cause that was perfect.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    JLN chennai will obviously be out of it... AIFF still have stereotyping of southerners worse than a sharukh khan movie.

Aiff official on y chennai is again not selected - "the madrasis dont have a stadium there bcos they dont play physical games. they usually climb up coconut trees which is next to a huge backwater and eat idly sambhar. that wont do for a worldcup host."
    goalkeeparkartik91EastBengalPride
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I guess Bangalore should be a venue...