Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Do see that Bartwal from CFA .. Who selected for Goa academy
  • ashindiaashindia 9366 Points
    Yes @negi, unfortunately he missed his penalty in the end. Saw the match felt CFA were much better side and Nagaland were lucky to win.
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    These kids look really good technically... like really good. Great to see this kind of football from the U14s (?). Now we just need to nurture these boys the right way instead of just letting them stall like we did with past generations.
    munna219777
  • there is so less time for U-17 world cup and yet we haven't even started our preparations. Is AIFF really going to start U-15 league for the same? If so we need good level of competition..all know inviting foreign teas would be expensive..but if we allow a few foreign youth academy footballers iin every team, it would mean a lot of learning for the young Indian footballers...we need standard competition and and this moment only Indian players not going to give that...ISL franchises have tie ups with the foreign counterparts..they might be able to get a few good young players..I know people would say this would reduce no of Indian players but if we have a flexible substitute rule this wont be a problem...

We have to provide International type exposure to our young budding footballers and at this moment this can be a good option

Get foreign players to academy why ??? Want to improve them ?? That's an crazy idea !

We need to give exposure to young players, send them to Europe maybe even be part of some youth league over there. About U-15 league, if we start then we need to keep it forever then start U-17 and U-20 leagues too.
  • agreed need more under age tournaments..why I am saying need few foreign academy recruits, it would mean top quality football and Indian under age team needs it..and also European tours of Indian team certainly but that's costly aint it.its not that much a crazy idea if u see far...

competition of under age teams I India is not of the highest quality..throughout the year u r going t the world cupo lay in India ..maybe tour sometimes..but currently even if u continue playing matches throughout the year in India its not going to improve much..

whatever it is let the ball rolling pl..otherwise it would be total humiliation at

Both China and Qatar after a long time are doing good in youth level competition.

You can see that why - 

souravindia
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    If the Indian Super League is for bloody real then they need to start to work at grassroots. I am talking about ISL U19 league and also funding camps at youth levels.

Meanwhile we need to start making a proper structure at the state level.
  • @ashIndia..Yes correct..but in Indian football that still is a distant dream..Maybe ISL gives an opportunity to young Indian players to steal the lime light and get noticed since this is being seen at many places..

but we need good youth development program..all year U-19 I-league and also age group tournaments..That itself will not suffice cause we need to improve the level of condition of play and training methods should be of world class for every team..AIFF should provide the technical know how to the clubs..whatever it is I am just afraid of what will happen at the U-17 World cup..Frankly I think we needed atleast 6-7 years preparation to get to the Asian Level...but time is so less.

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    @arsenalfan700, what crap you are talking? Grassroots?! Structure?! Those are for those who don't have Priyanka Chopras, ABs, Hritik Roshans, John Abrahams and Ranbir Kapoors; We have them and don't need all those bullshits.
    namewtheldashindiagoalkeeparmunna219777