Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I would hope that someone up there actually has a heart and wants to develop Indian football.
    ashindia
  • Very much doubt that would happen. ISL is pure BUSINESS. I wish and we all wish they can do something to develop Indian football at grass root level.
    ashindiaDeb_Bangoalkeepar
    Premier League is also pure business. Same with MLS and almost every other league in the world. They all still work with youth because where else will the players come from. In the long-term we need strong Indian players otherwise the interest will decrease slowly. It is hard to see now but it will be seen soon.
    ashindiasouravindia
  • Seems people do not believe that filmstars can also have passion. After all they are also human beings like us. SO why cant they have it..Yes, maybe people who join thereafter can be joining for pure extravaganza..but initial owners, I think they are really in it for passion. & we can see it from the face of Ranbir when his team lost or conceded goals, we can see it from the happiness emanated from Sourav's face after the match and I NEVER in my life would doubt Sachin

To be honest, I think Ranbir had the look of "What the fuck did I get myself into?".
    ashindiasouravindiaDeb_Banarchakgoalkeepar
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Abhishek bachhan's reaction were over the top
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Our Bolly stars are improving as actors ...
    munna219777
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala655 Points
    Sad part is that they didnt show parineethi after inauguration ;)
    Deb_Banashindia
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    The reason why messi is not the record holder for biggest transfer in history is because he was in youth team of barcelona, one of the most glamarous side in world football...
    and that has saved them a fortune .. similarly if ISL teams are really serious about making money they would know that Youth set up is a long term way of saving few bucks if neede making few bucks too
    archakdhritiman7
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    True!! But, one needs to have a long term plan in place to think about. Currently, Reliance is not at all thinking of long term plans but at maximum of 4-5 years. If ISL become a viable product by then, all these will fall into place. It is too soon for Reliance to think about youth development.  
    ashindiaArsenalFan700