Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9366 Points
    But actually Youth Development is very important, quality of local players and Indian NT performance is what matters in long term. They should start developing now after this ISL, atleast spend 2-3 crores each which certainly is not a very big amount if you compare with elite of Asians.

They should start from U-8 levels at schools of respective cities/states, organize school tournaments across the states for U-10(5 a side), U-12, U-14 and U-16. Select best players out of it, give them international exposure appoint good technical staff to improve them etc etc.

If all this is followed then I'm sure we can have players who are of Asian quality if not World Cup level, but thats good for a start  which we can carry forward.

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Yeah I am not disagreeing with the point, it just that I dont think from a business point of view Reliance will invest into youth development so quickly. Even with IPL (role model for ISL) going into season 8 has not yet invested into youth development or infrastructure development. 
    So I would love to have the youth development as soon as possible but I dont see why Reliance will invest in it?
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited October 2014
    It is primarily responsibility of Federation, in this case AIFF and different State Associations to look for Youth Development, Academies. They earn money, sponsorship from their Premier League and invest those funds into development. Instead of AIFF earning through I-League, if now earnings, sponsorship goes to Reliance account, that is AIFF fault. They should have thought of that before allowing ISL.
    BCCI never compromised their Domestic or International calendar because of IPL. They have Ranji trophy. AIFF has closed everything in favour of ISL.
    Youth Development is not responsibility of Reliance Group.
  • I think according to initial investment plan each Franchise has obligation to connect to certain no of schools for youth development in the first year itself.Not sure what actual clause is though.if someone can throw some light
    ashindia
    I was mentioning about ISL and Grass-roots is because there is some obligation(as mentioned by Saurav) by ISL to invest money for U-17 WC and take part in U-15 league planned by AIFF.
    edited October 2014
    Subroto Cup Update

Mallapuram School team is leading 2-1 against Brazilian club Fluminense FC.
    munna219777
    http://www.turbotv.in/dd-sports-live/

DD Sports live link. I think Nowy Kapadia Hindi Commentary.
    Malabar Special Police Higher Secondary School, Malappuram, Kerala. They have a good history in Subroto Cup.
    Nervy final minutes, hope the mallus can hold on to the 2-1 lead. 
    edited October 2014
    Damn almost the 3rd goal !!! What is surprising is that the Mallapuram boys are were fit and quick.  /:)