The Great Indian Football Debates

AdminAdmin 240 Points
edited May 2012 in Fight Club
<h2 style="font-weight: normal; text-align: justify; "><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: rgb(153, 0, 0); font-weight: normal; ">                       </span><i><font color="#990000"><font size="2">                                   </font><font size="3">    <u>I</u></font></font><u><font size="3"><font color="#ff0000">N</font><font color="#ff6600">T</font><font color="#33cc00">R</font><font color="#3333ff">O</font><font color="#993399">D</font><font color="#336666">U</font><font color="#ff0000">C</font><font color="#ff9900">I</font><font color="#009900">N</font><font color="#990000">G</font></font></u></i></h2><h1 style="font-weight: normal; text-align: justify; "><font color="#ffcc00" style="font-weight: normal; "><font size="2">          </font><font size="4">****</font></font><font size="4"><font color="#009900" style="font-weight: normal; ">****</font><font color="#000099" style="font-weight: normal; ">****</font><font color="#ff0000">The</font><font color="#990000"> </font><font color="#009900">Great</font><font color="#990000"> </font><font color="#000099">Indian</font><font color="#990000"> </font><font color="#cc33cc">Football</font><font color="#990000"> </font><font color="#3333ff">Debates</font><font style="font-weight: normal; " color="#ff0000">****</font><font style="font-weight: normal; " color="#cc33cc">****</font><font style="font-weight: normal; " color="#ff9900">****</font></font></h1><div>Indian Football Forum is now a rich place with a lot of members who are not only die hard Indian football fans, but also they are well informed about all the happenings in the Indian football circuit.</div><div><br>So, this is just the right time to launch <b>The Great Indian Football Debates </b>.</div><div><br>We know that most of the time we are debating on the forum, some agreement and some disagreements happening regularly. But this will be a different cake. Here are the features:</div><div><br>1. The debates will happen once a week at a fixed hour. Please specify convenient periods of time preferably on weekends at night (IST).</div><div><br>2. The topics will be announced 1 week in advance. The members should be ready with their arguments. They may refer to some incidents and cite them with links as and when possible.</div><div><br>3. Members would require to announce their choice of motion (for or against) at least 3 days in advance.</div><div><br>4. The debate will last 1 hour +/- 10 minutes.</div><div><br>5. Winners will be awarded with Karma Points</div><div><br>We would like to know who all are interested to be a part of it. You all can come up with suggestions. You can also come up with topics to be debated on. Also, do mention the convenient periods.</div><div style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; "><font style="font-weight: normal; " color="#ff9900"><br></font></div>

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <span style="font-weight: normal; ">Sounds like a treat! I am in for it. My preferred timing is </span><b>Sat/Sun after 9pm</b>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    very interesting. I'm in as well. Timing should be friday/saturday at 10 pm (IST)
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I am fine with 10 pm. Any time between 9pm to 11:30 pm on Sat/Sunday is fine
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    i fine anyday after 10 pm
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    anytime between 9 to 11 preferably on saturday as next day is assured holiday...<div>cant wait the thing which i love debating ....</div><div><br></div><div>lets start this thing this week itself....<span style="font-size: 10pt; ">\m/</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div>
  • am ok between 10 pm to 1 am ;)<br>
  • Anytime between 12am to 2am American time which would be 10am to 12pm in India.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited May 2012
    <b>Anyday is cool for me except Sunday</b><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Time-</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Any of the following-</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">3pm-7pm</div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">9pm-4am</div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">(Availability will also depend on the topic of discussion)</div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Ok. So we have 8 participants so far. This is a good number to form 2 groups.<div>The general consensus shows that <b>Saturday Nights 10pm </b>is the perfect time for everyone. So that is fixed.</div><div>On the point that @imsourav made about starting off with the debates this weekend itself, I would say that can be done, provided other participants agree.</div><div><br></div><div>Now here is one important thing. You can give your preference regarding which side of the motion you want to take, but we have to divide all participants in 2 groups so some of might not get the desired side. But remember, it is a debate and the side you are on would NOT reflect what you actually believe in.</div><div><br></div><div>We will post subsequently about the proceedings. We have some topics in mind but would like to hear from you what you want to debate on. The topic should be more specific than say, East Bengal vs Mohun Bagan. It can be "East Bengal YDP is better than Mohun bagan or vice versa.</div>
  • UtpalUtpal 0 Points
    Seems to be a great suggestion. I am in too.<div><br></div><div>A topic suggestion from my side -"Savio Medeira should be sacked from national coaching duty with immediate affect".</div>