The Great Indian Football Debates

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    harry191 wrote:
    guuys add me too. what is the time for the grand debate<br>

<br><div>it is 10:15 IST  tonight..</div><div><br></div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    So is everyone prepared? 10:15 pm. Remeber the time. @harry191 please mention the side you are gonna take.<div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • 2 hours and 15 minutes left
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Santosh Trophy and Durand Trophy have been the parts of the Indian football legacy. Both the tournaments have years of history behind them. Prior to the advent of I-league or NFL, these two tournaments were like a talent hunt program for Indian football team. But in recent time, they have come under severe criticism by a section of people, most vocal being Bob Houghton. According to him, these tournaments are serving no purpose and rather pulling Indian Football backwards. This is the topic of debate today<div><b>Santosh Trophy and Durand Cup are pulling Indian Football backwards</b></div><div><b><br></b></div><div>Those who are for the motion, start with your arguements so that you convince that indeed they are pulling us backwards</div>
    could i get the list of members in each team<div>for and against please</div><div><br></div><div>it will help our cause in helping each other</div>
    Santosh trophy....<div>a trophy which had produced odd players who ended up as i-league players...</div><div>can i know when was the last time a santosh trophy debutant and non i-league player ended up to be part of national team???</div>
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    FOR THE MOTION: Ahlesh, Shankar, Arsenalfan<div>AGAINST: reddevil87, somesh, rudra, jitinjoseph, imsourav, ashindia</div>
    is anyone there for the debate and against me???<div>please let me know as this is getting boring without any opponent</div>
    Admin wrote:
    FOR THE MOTION: Ahlesh, Shankar, Arsenalfan<div>AGAINST: reddevil87, somesh, rudra, jitinjoseph, imsourav, ashindia</div>

<br><div>thanks admin</div><div><br></div>
  • <div style="font-weight: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-size: 13px; ">They havent. The Santosh Trophy is a tournament which has done nothing for us in the last 16 years. It was nice before 1996 as we had no national league and it was the only way to compare other states. Now today we have the national league which is comparing club teams in India and has now 100% been the way for a player to make the national team.</font><div style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></div><div style="font-size: 13px; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If we want to compare states then why not just keep the Mir Trophy and BC Roy Trophy. Those are the u16 and u19 cups respectively. Most of our I-League and Indian players have once in there life played in either the Mir and BC Roy Trophies. It is a great way to get the best youth players from each state. Santosh Trophy is a bunch of older players mainly mid-20s and early 30s. How could a player aged 23 and older in an amateur state tournament help Indian football. Are we not thinking long term anymore. The future of India is currently the youth players. Thus why I say keep the Mir and BC Roy Trophies.</font></div><div style="font-size: 13px; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="font-size: 13px; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And also the Santosh Trophy is costing the AIFF 1 crore a year while in the I-League U20 which is the official youth league for the I-League they cant have a full normal season that can benefit the players because they dont have the money for that. Well how about instead of investing 1 crore in the amateur Santosh Trophy we invest that 1 crore in the I-League U20. Yes the season wont be 6 months like wanted but instead of 1 month that 1 crore could make the U20 season 3 months which can really benefit the players. </font></div><div style="font-size: 13px; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div></div><div style="font-size: 13px; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>NOTE: </b>This is just me warming up.</font></div>