Football at London Olympics 2012

167891012»

Comments

• somesh wrote: »
    Mexicans were really good. I watched the match. They defended well and attacked only few times but everytime they looked dangerous. They could have scored a couple of more goals too. Brazil's game was a treat to eye as they were playing skillful game but lacked finishing dearly. It was more due to tight defence of Mexico. Brazil's game reminded me of Netherlands in the Euro 2012

<br><div><br></div><div>Agree. That goal came way to late. If they scored between the 75th minute and 80th minute then they could have came back to draw it and got to extra time (which is what I wanted) but they could not do that. Corona is an amazing goalkeeper, Man of the Match for me. </div><div><br></div><div>Neymar needs to go to La Liga or another foreign league. I watch him in the Brazilian league and he can get around 4 defenders easy there but internationally he cant. He has what it takes, he just needs to play against defenders like that week in, week out.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    somesh wrote: »
    Mexicans were really good. I watched the match. They defended well and attacked only few times but everytime they looked dangerous. They could have scored a couple of more goals too. Brazil's game was a treat to eye as they were playing skillful game but lacked finishing dearly. It was more due to tight defence of Mexico. Brazil's game reminded me of Netherlands in the Euro 2012

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div>Agree. That goal came way to late. If they scored between the 75th minute and 80th minute then they could have came back to draw it and got to extra time (which is what I wanted) but they could not do that.<b> Corona is an amazing goalkeeper, Man of the Match for me. </b></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Neymar needs to go to La Liga or another foreign league. I watch him in the Brazilian league and he can get around 4 defenders easy there but internationally he cant. He has what it takes, he just needs to play against defenders like that week in, week out.</div>

<br><br><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Agreed he had been the difference between both the team....the experience he got with his age is what made the difference along with their center defenders</div>
  • shankar wrote: »

<br><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div>Agree. That goal came way to late. If they scored between the 75th minute and 80th minute then they could have came back to draw it and got to extra time (which is what I wanted) but they could not do that.<b> Corona is an amazing goalkeeper, Man of the Match for me. </b></div><div style="font-weight: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Neymar needs to go to La Liga or another foreign league. I watch him in the Brazilian league and he can get around 4 defenders easy there but internationally he cant. He has what it takes, he just needs to play against defenders like that week in, week out.</div>

<br><br><div style="font-weight: normal; ">Agreed he had been the difference between both the team....the experience he got with his age is what made the difference along with their center defenders</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Yep. My dad told me a few days ago that if he had to pick the u23 team with 3 over 23 that he would choose an overage goalkeeper first. I disagreed but he proved me wrong.</div>
  • <br>
    shankar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Yep. My dad told me a few days ago that if he had to pick the u23 team with 3 over 23 that he would choose an overage goalkeeper first. I disagreed but he proved me wrong.</div>

Coach Tena opted for Corona over Ochoa as overage player. Everybody in media and fans criticized for this decision as Ochoa had more experience outside of Mexico.<br>I was there in Mexico last week and after Japan win everybody started praising Tena. Also he certainly got tips from the senior coach as he knew how to shut down Neymar threat from the previous friendly clash where Mexico had won 2-0 and in that game also Neymar could not do much either.<br>