since my last thread on my dream world cup qualifying format got deleted due to server crash, i am once putting my ideas here
at present there are 46 members in afc fighting for 4.5 slots available.
now many teams in asia don't have much match exposure in intl football as they don't play on FIFA matchdays, which results in non interest in small countries about football.
my suggestion is to engage the nations in world cup qualifying matches so that there won't be any excuses for not playing on FIFA matchdays..also i'm not increasing the teams from AFC
1. seeding based on ranking of 46 members.
2. first round- teams ranked 27-46 play a 2 leg knockout round after that we will get 10 teams.
3. we have teams ranked 1-26 already in addition to 10 teams.
4. seeding of 36 teams based on ranking.
5. divide the teams in to 6 groups of 6 teams each.
6. second round -in each group a team plays 10 home/away matches against others.
7. all the group winners numbering 6 with the 2 best runner up amongst the group totaling 8 teams advances.
8. third round - based on seeding a 2 leg knockout round should be played after that we will get 4 teams who will qualify for the world cup.
9. fourth round -of the losing 4 teams a single leg knockout round to determine 1 team which will play inter confederations playoffs.
make challenge cup tounament fot poor nations who can't afford flight tickets but have the promise to qualify...
dismiss or suspend the teams which backout after confirming their participation...
spend money ... no need to be stingy,money saving organization
a nation should play atleast 10 matches in a calendar year... fine per non playing matchdays and suspension after that.
> indian_gooner said:
> a nation should play atleast 10 matches in a calendar year... fine per non playing matchdays and suspension after that.
India should move out of next edition of Challenge Cup.Start playing the qualifiers directly.
> ashindia said:
> India should move out of next edition of Challenge Cup.Start playing the qualifiers directly.
> Arsenalkid700 said:
> > ashindia said:
> > India should move out of next edition of Challenge Cup.Start playing the qualifiers directly.
If we are good enough by 2015 then yes but if not then we should go through it one more time. We need to make it in 2019.