2012 Federation Cup

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Romeo Fernandes of Dempo was praised a lot in Bengali media for his performance in the match against Salgaocar. Both the goals were scored with his major contribution- 2 beautiful crosses. He came in place of Climax Lawrence.

• I know 5 years does not determine the team but until the neutral fans see East Bengal do better in the AFC Cup we wont want you guys near it.

We are not making fun of East Bengal saying they are not a football club and have no history. Dont take it like that.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Arsenalkid700
    I know 5 years does not determine the team but until the neutral fans see East Bengal do better in the AFC Cup we wont want you guys near it.

We are not making fun of East Bengal saying they are not a football club and have no history. Dont take it like that.

@Arsenalkid700 except dempo which indian team has done anything good.

""I know 5 years does not determine the team but until the neutral fans see East Bengal do better in the AFC Cup we wont want you guys near it.""

do u 'the neutral fan" think before posting. u say eb to good in afc cup & u also don't want them not to go near it. YOU HAVE'NT WASHED YOUR EYES AND BRAIN NA.

• Please child. And I mean that. Re-read what I said. I only support East Bengal when they play ONGC, Air India. You know... clubs I hate.

Anyway you wanted it...
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited September 2012

@Arsenalkid700 I am realy sorry bro. I admit now that eb is not good to to represent india in afc cup probably USFC is better than eb in afc cup we spend 10-15 croros just to win games against mb everything else i irelevent for us. Happy now?

"END OF DISCUSSION"

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

> Joyptan said:
    > @Arsenalkid700 I am realy sorry bro. I admit now that eb is not good to to represent india in afc cup probably USFC is better than eb in afc cup we spend 10-15 croros just to win games against mb everything else i irelevent for us. Happy now?
    >
    > "END OF DISCUSSION"

see if EB does better n next year afc cup then we will support EB ,if not the opinion wont change for me 
  • Please, lets not fight like this. I am sorry for my reaction, it was not needed and I am sorry. I will take all the blame for that. 

And no, I have never said that you guys are only after Mohun Bagan. In fact I have no idea what the main ambitions for East Bengal are but recent history suggests it is I-League, Fed Cup, CFL and IFA Shield. 

Perhaps they shall pull up there socks and do well in 2013 but again, do us non-fans of East Bengal have a reason to believe that East Bengal will do well? Not really. Thats what the game is about, East Bengal are given chance after chance to prove themselves in Asia when we know that East Bengal can win there group but they seem lackadaisical in Asian competition.

Look at them in the 2012 AFC Cup. The teams were Arbil, Kazma, Al-Oruba. East Bengal should have finished 2nd in the group with Kazma coming ahead of them but they instead lost all 6 matches. You know something is wrong there and it is not that they are shit, they are better than that but are not showing it.
  • @Arsenalkid..i hope we put an end to these discussions..East Bengal hasnt done well ONLY in RECENT times and I am sure going by the bench strength they have now, probably they will perform much better.and I hope so mainly for people who are not aware of the place this club has in the echelons of its fans and India as a whole..And before dempo even started winning outside, it was only through East Bengal that we tasted international success...I am following football for last 25 years and just because they havent done well in recent times doesnt mean people will start undermining their potential...
    And all this I am saying even though I am an ARDENT Mohun Bagan Fan..People in Bengal will know what that means :-)..
    And also in the course of this discussion please forgive me if i said anything wrong...
    As per this thread goes---'I hope East bengal Wins in FC :-)'...and also perform well in the Ileague..They really have the best of Bench strengths..

• @Souravindia I am well aware of East Bengal's history in Asian competition and there many great feats (Recent in the LG Cup). 

I dont want to bring other clubs into this (and I actually dont want this conversation to end, I love it!).

If East Bengal has the power to do well in AFC then do it. That is all I want and what other people want. PROVE IT. Its simple. Come 2013, we should expect at least 1, just 1 victory at least for East Bengal. Heck go 1-0-5. We will know that you guys tried. 

• :-bd then lets do a thumbs up and hope for their good performance..therre has been many positives in Indian football of late and I am sure this will continue..earlier performances were sporadic mainly because there was less overall development of the game which has picked up a lot..