2012 Durand Cup

Comments

• kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited September 2012

Air India wins 125th Durand Cup

AIR INDIA 0-0(3-2) DODSAL
    FC (FT)

• > sanvedjadhav said:
    > forget that AIR INDIA are an institutional club for a minute and think about this....."every year their players are POACHED by other big clubs......they have to start from scratch each year...... they practice on a PATHETIC kalina ground (forget practice, during monsoon even if u try to walk there u will slip and fall flat on ur backs)......and even after all these, they STILL MANAGE TO STAY AFLOAT IN I-LEAGUE"
    :-$

i commend them for this....but they are hampering india's cl spot :-(

True, as much as I hate Air India and would not mind them folding at any moment I do have to say that they do well for themselves. Mind you there only tough opponent was Pailan Arrows and that was on a bad pitch when Pailan was also in a rebuilding phase and of course... it was a draw.
  • Ya how was the crowd. Is Delhi a good spot... if Dodsal moves there then maybe there is some respect due for them.

• the crowd was there due to 'free entry' .....they should do the same for nehru cup final tomm

• Thats still good for a unmarketed event. Charge small fees and market the team/games and you could do well.

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > Thats still good for a unmarketed event. Charge small fees and market the team/games and you could do well.

make money from concessions

• > usaindia said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Thats still good for a unmarketed event. Charge small fees and market the team/games and you could do well.
    >
    >

make money from concessions

That could be a second revenue but I think (not 100% sure) that part of the AFC Criteria is not having free access to league matches (at least not all attendees).
  • > shankar said:
    > > 

yea true they are Indian arsenal....losing their main team players year after year :P

WRONG! Pune FC are the Arsenal of India. The most professional club in India, Red and White are the colors, finances are great, best youth Academy in India (Arsenal in England... yes Archak they beat Chelsea).

Air India is the Wigan Athletic of India, that club that tries to stay afloat with youngsters (some oldies), have no money and are always ranked for relegation but dont. Santosh Kashyap is the Roberto Martinez of India.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

Care to explain what you mean by They Beat Chelsea???