2012 Durand Cup

Comments

• > rudra said:
    > Arrows vs Delhi United - 9am - tomorrow (25th august), Ambedkar stadium
    Entry free, those who wants to bunk school, college, perfect hideout!!! for u wanna spend time dating, a good place, as indian football stadiums are generally peaceful, calm, and out of media's reach!

Aint that the truth :)
  • WHO SAYS DELHI CANT GET A CROWD!!!!

Now imagine, with a little more marketing and a proper football team Delhi could be a great market for I-League. DELHI UNITED FC!!!!
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > WHO SAYS DELHI CANT GET A CROWD!!!!

Now imagine, with a little more marketing and a proper football team Delhi could be a great market for I-League. DELHI UNITED FC!!!!

Is this Ambedkar Stadium? Doesnt look like. I guess this is from some older edition of Durand Cup.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> somesh said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > WHO SAYS DELHI CANT GET A CROWD!!!!

>
    > image

Is this Ambedkar Stadium? Doesnt look like. I guess this is from some older edition of Durand Cup.

If this is this years, then I have to say its more crowded than Nehru Cup!!! unlikely though
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited August 2012

Well if you look at the picture I gave you will see the Pune FC jersey... the new one.

Also when you see Ambedkar Stadium pictures this is how you see it...

Here it is from the other side...
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

So what does it all mean? Durand cup attracting similar crowd that of Nehru Cup!!!! or is it just the photographer has very smartly taken the pics

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points

When is dodsal fc staring d matches..after all d hype it will be interesting to see what they will be like.

uprising sci lost..good wake up call

• @Rudra Well you have to remember 2 things...

1) That picture only was of 1 side of the Ambedkar Stadium. The Ambedkar Stadium has 4 stands yet that is only 1 stand. For all we know the other 3 stands that were not taken pictures of could be empty. So maybe I jumped the gun on the "Delhi needs a team" thing as we dont know about the rest of the stadium, the other 3 stands could be empty.

2) The Nehru Stadium has 60,000 seats. It is a very open stadium. We could have 20,000 people at a game there and it would still look small. That is why I say for Mohun Bagan and East Bengal to leave the 120,000 seater Salt Lake Stadium because even though they get 40,000 a game (supposedly) it does not look like it. And honestly, do you really think we will see a crowd for India vs. Syria, Maldives, Nepal or Cameroon B. Not really. 

I bet that number of people that were at the Nehru Stadium were the same number of people at a normal group match at the Ambedkar Stadium in 2009. The only difference is that it looks big at Ambedkar because Ambedkar is more smaller and compact. Makes for a better atmosphere. Makes the fans more closer to the team. That is why I think for India matches, we should be careful of which matches we have at the Nehru Stadium. That small number at the Nehru Stadium can be considered huge at the Ambedkar Stadium.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

HT : Delhi United 1 - 0 Arrows!

SHIT IS HAPPENING...this is arrows full teams sans Alwyn