AFC Challenge Cup 2014 and qualifiers

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points

> ashindia said:
    > > samiam said:
    > > btw how many AIFF members are part of the AFC?

>
    >

and total members of AFC?

• instead of blaming afc we can blame AIFF and more seriously we can blame our indian media they dont care about football

every time cricket i know cricket is biggest sport in india and still football played by 209 countries and india among them 
    no doubt we huv talent actually they need support and encouragement
  • > joydeepkul said:
    > instead of blaming afc we can blame AIFF and more seriously we can blame our indian media they dont care about football

every time cricket i know cricket is biggest sport in india and still football played by 209 countries and india among them 
    no doubt we huv talent actually they need support and encouragement

Dont blame the media and the fact that cricket is a 4 nation sport. Look at the US. American Football is played by only 1 country (3 if you count Japan and India... for now) while Baseball and Basketball are also isolated to only a few countries and yet our football (soccer) team is one of the top 25 teams in the world.

Look at Japan. Also a baseball country and summo country (who cares about that) and yet they are one of the best footballing nations outside of Europe and South America. Australia is a rugby and cricket nation to. 

The fact that we blame cricket is a sad excuse as many other countries also have more popular, isolated sports and still dominate in football. Even more than countries that look at football as a religion.

The problem lies strictly with the AIFF. They are fools who have no idea what to do to improve football in the country. I bet you that none of them are even educated the right way. Until we have some real men in charge we will not improve.

Look at the Philippines. The reason for the their new success. The president of their league is not only a former footballer but also a former financial adviser (during the amateur era they did not have full-time footballers).

That is what we need. People who know football and who know what they are doing off the field as well. Until then we will not improve.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points

if baichung is selected as president....then he can bring changes........

By the way...india is out so wats the point to keep this thread alive???and ofcourse why this discussion

• > preetam said:
    > if baichung is selected as president....then he can bring changes........

Probably as an ambassador or figure head but Baichung does not have the qualifications as President. Currently we are seeing his skills as CEO of United Sikkim. If he cant handle that then how would he handle the AIFF.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

preetam said:
    if baichung is selected as president....then he can bring changes........

Definitely. USFC will win the league by hook or crook. And indian football will regress by 10 yrs due to favouritism.

edited March 2013

i just gave d suggestion as arsenalkid informed abt palestine situation......by d way 

air india and HAL set to leave i-league 1st div.   i don't think MB and USFC will be relegated...and baichung won't mind it he earlier said his main aim is to survive relgation...
  • > preetam said:
    > i just gave d suggestion as arsenalkid informed abt palestine situation......by d way 

air india and HAL set to leave i-league 1st div.   i don't think MB and USFC will be relegated...and baichung won't mind it he earlier said his main aim is to survive relgation...

It is a good suggestion but as president, I feel, he should have qualifications of a economist, while also be knowledgable in football.

Look at Sunil Gulati as an example.
  • > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > preetam said:
    > > i just gave d suggestion as arsenalkid informed abt palestine situation......by d way 

>
    >

It is a good suggestion but as president, I feel, he should have qualifications of a economist, while also be knowledgable in football.

Look at Sunil Gulati as an example.

I saw interview of Sunil Gulati. He admits that Football (Soccer) is still an alien or foreign game in USA. They have built a brand from scratch. They have advantage of a huge immigrant/children of immigrants as well as military personnel who have lived abroad and now they follow soccer.