Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Reliance doesn't do everything for money, it's also power that they crave! Same with most politicians and ex players of different sports. 
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777Carbon_14NagendraSnepkartik91
  • RaghsRaghs Chennai654 Points
    SAFF Officials confirm that there are talks going on for a SAFF Club Championship. 

thoughts?
    Carbon_14ashindiaindian_gooneratuljgmohammed_87hassandeepak dedha
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    Reliance knows in & out of Indian football and AIFF president is very close to them. But they still invested in Indian football. They are losing money with ISL. As EastBengalPride rightly pointed, they don't do everything for money.

Problem with Reliance, they will never compromise on greed & pride and always want to maintain Monopoly.
    Despite having excellent corporate contracts, they barely involved other corporates in Indian football (I League/ I league 2nd division). 

On the contrary, JSW Sports Excellence reaches corporates for funds & investments.

RFYC/RFYS is in track , they even reaching tier 2 cities and we will see couple of good players in National youth teams even from unknown football centers. But Reliance may not entertain/involve other corporates in their initiative.
    Carbon_14ashindiasouravindiaindian_goonerkartik91
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Any professionally organised tournament which can generate revenue is good 
  • Raghs said:
    SAFF Officials confirm that there are talks going on for a SAFF Club Championship. 

thoughts?
    good initiative as the current league has less games. it will lead to overall more matches for all clubs. even i would like every clubs in these countries to participate. it can be a knockout tournament.
    the main problem will come in travelling in and out frequetly to other countries. Specailly with covid situations.
    i remember before IPL in 2008, there was ICL which had team from Pakistan,Bangladesh 
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    If they are planning to start SAFF club championship spots should be given to 2nd place team or Play off loser of ISL and one more to I-League 2nd placed team.
    Carbon_14Ronnyindian_gooner
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    It will be held in a bio bubble or a single venue/city! No way clubs are going to spend money for constant travelling for this sort of tourney with no AFC spots up for grabs.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited October 2021
    Just invite other SAFF clubs in already existing tournaments like Sikkim Gold Cup, IFA Shield, Rovers Cup as a sort of Pre-Season.

No need for any special tournament
    NagendraDeb_Bangaffertapeindian_goonerspartakartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    Just invite other SAFF clubs in already existing tournaments like Sikkim Gold Cup, IFA Shield, Rovers Cup as a sort of Pre-Season.

No need for any special tournament
    Yah. True. It doesn't make any sense to have SAFF Club Championship for Men's. Both ISL & I League clubs already competing with SAFF clubs in AFC Cup Qualifiers and Group Stage.

But SAFF teams are already agreed for Men's Club Championship 2022 & 2023 (10 teams from 7 nations).
    I League champion will represent from India.

It would have made some sense if these SAFF clubs are not pitted in same group in AFC Cup. Maybe instead they could have planned for U-18 Men's Club Championship in similar terms (10 teams from 7 nations).
    2 teams each from India (Elite League) , Bangladesh & Maldives (6 teams)
    1 team each from Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan & Sri Lanka (4 teams)
    Carbon_14indian_goonermunna219777kartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Just start a SAFF U-23 tournament so that the SAFF championships is for NT's
    Nagendrakartik91