Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    What use will Siva be to u23 NT when the clubs are not even releasing players for the national camp for u23 team? Instead it would be better if he trains and plays with senior NT against quality sides like Iraq. He will learn more here. I don't think anyone is taking AFC U23 Qualifiers very seriously, neither clubs nor AIFF. I mean only 12 players out of 28 have joined national camp! Its shameful and disgusting!
  • souravindiasouravindia 3679 Points
    What use will Siva be to u23 NT when the clubs are not even releasing players for the national camp for u23 team? Instead it would be better if he trains and plays with senior NT against quality sides like Iraq. He will learn more here. I don't think anyone is taking AFC U23 Qualifiers very seriously, neither clubs nor AIFF. I mean only 12 players out of 28 have joined national camp! Its shameful and disgusting!
    I don't understand  this. Isn't u23 qualifies for Olympics? Or that we do not care about it any more? That should hvlave been the biggest incentive for all
    Apparently we care more about Asian games participation rather than a chance to take part in Olympics! Really disgusting approach by clubs like Mumbai FC, East Bengal etc. And they are retaining players for Durand Cup - A pre season competition which is irrelevant in the larger scheme of things! 
    I seriously believe that if clubs are not willing to release players for a minimum 10 day NT camp before WCQs in Nov or a 4 week long camp in Dec then AIFF should postpone the ISL from September to February! Let it schedule ISL from Feb to June! This will show the clubs who is the boss! And in any case the period between Sept to November will be taken over by Asian Games and Cricket World Cup so ISL will anyways have very less viewership in that phase. Better to reschedule it to after Asian Cup in end of Jan. National duty comes first. NT needs all the support from all stakeholders of Indian football. 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29732 Points
    AIFF is a slave it has no say on ISL
    gaffertapeashindia
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6771 Points
    Why to Blame East Bengal?
    They have qualified to Durand finals and winning tournament will be always a top priority for any club after reaching knockout stages be it a pre-season or not. On top of it, they have state league.

I could have blamed Mumbai FC as they knocked out in Q.F.. But AIFF/N.T coach prioritized Asian games as we have chances to make it to top 8. And on top of it, only few nations like Korea, Japan, Iran & UAE will send their top teams. China may field their strong team as they are hosting the event. 

Also why do we need to prioritize Olympic games when we are struggling to qualify to AFC U-23 Championship. Leave Olympic games aside, in last 5 qualifiers, we failed miserably and haven't qualified to AFC U-23 championship.

ashindiaindian_gooner
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6771 Points
    AIFF is a slave it has no say on ISL
    Please don't act like a Stup*d and blame AIFF for everything. 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29732 Points
    edited August 2023
    I'm not blaming AIFF I'm saying they have no power when it comes to ISL scheduling.
    gaffertapeashindia
    Nagendra said:
    Why to Blame East Bengal?
    They have qualified to Durand finals and winning tournament will be always a top priority for any club after reaching knockout stages be it a pre-season or not. On top of it, they have state league.

I could have blamed Mumbai FC as they knocked out in Q.F.. But AIFF/N.T coach prioritized Asian games as we have chances to make it to top 8. And on top of it, only few nations like Korea, Japan, Iran & UAE will send their top teams. China may field their strong team as they are hosting the event. 

Also why do we need to prioritize Olympic games when we are struggling to qualify to AFC U-23 Championship. Leave Olympic games aside, in last 5 qualifiers, we failed miserably and haven't qualified to AFC U-23 championship.

The very fact that we have previously struggled 8n AFC U23 Qualifiers is precisely the reason to focus on them much more and not giving up on them like a list cause! We needed a long NT camp as we have a new u23 coach who needs time to inculcate his philosophy and playing style upon the players.
    And about east bengal, again I repeat - Durand Cup is a pre season friendly match type tournament with no significance like it's winner qualifying for AFC Cup etc. And prioritising state league over national duty? Please, talk sense. If NT does well the clubs will automatically do well
    souravindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Club will follow FIFA rules else AIFF can take over salary responsibilities. EB, MCFC, BFC and MBSG wont release players in advance for AFC Asian Cup as well, AIFF has been notified. If Stimach cant get us to quarters with a one week camp, he should quit. 
    souravindiagiridharan