Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• Deb_Ban said:
    When everything was stopped I said its a bad idea. But also reviving like this also is sounding an alarm bell to me. If such a robust league is created, you will need to forget about professional players. Infact you might see the best players in these institution leagues and just like yester years they will take leave from thise Institutes to play for professional clubs similar to khep. Unfortunately we always tend to make very hasty changes on the basis of some idea without thinking years into the future. The mindset that Indians have, they 70% or even more will take safe jobs in these Institutes rather than take professional roles. So I am skeptical but hope it does the good everyone is thinking about
  • Club will follow FIFA rules else AIFF can take over salary responsibilities. EB, MCFC, BFC and MBSG wont release players in advance for AFC Asian Cup as well, AIFF has been notified. If Stimach cant get us to quarters with a one week camp, he should quit. 
    Without success of national camps all clubs will remain regional. Also all Indians yearn for national team success which takes precedence over everything else because nationalism is very strong in every individual. Clubs should think before they take such decisions and not harm during a period which is probably the best bubble in decades of wasteful Indian football. We usd to languishing about the dark tunnel lead by Aiff earlier, looks like now its the turns of the clubs to pull us down. Just makes sense why India is just a cricket nation
    goalkeepargiridharanEastBengalPride
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29732 Points
    As Clubs are not releasing players, now only way to save National team is PIOs
    giridharanashindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    When everything was stopped I said its a bad idea. But also reviving like this also is sounding an alarm bell to me. If such a robust league is created, you will need to forget about professional players. Infact you might see the best players in these institution leagues and just like yester years they will take leave from thise Institutes to play for professional clubs similar to khep. Unfortunately we always tend to make very hasty changes on the basis of some idea without thinking years into the future. The mindset that Indians have, they 70% or even more will take safe jobs in these Institutes rather than take professional roles. So I am skeptical but hope it does the good everyone is thinking about
    Not all players are going to make the topmost. And this league is not even going to be robust, or, glamourous. Look at the prize money, they wouldn't even get telecast or proper sponsors. Keep calm and have faith on FSDL 😉
     For mediocre players, there should be some achievable target. During the seventies, Bengal was a powerhouse partly because of the pull of these 'achievable targets' which used to draw scores of kids who couldn't excel in studies. During the course of private enterprises rising, that flow trickled down and dried, eventually shrinking the mass base of players.
    This league will be like a beacon to the aspiring -- mediocre -- players. Who knows, we may get one or two gems from them. I am agreeable even if it doesn't. I am for it because of the alternative ecosystem it would provide.

souravindiagoalkeeparRonnyashindiaindian_gooner
  • I hope it becomes a beacon fot middle average players and not the other way round. Because I do remember very well the late 80s and 90s before national league. It took time for players to become professional, just don't want to again run on parallel boats. Adequate measures should be taken to ensure that players first try professionally and then go to these institutes., otherwise for me the cons are much more than pros.
    Deb_Banindian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29732 Points
    edited September 2023
    Performax wins the kit sponsorship deal with Indian National team, reliance owned brand beat Nivia, Italian company Erra, American New Balance and Reebok, the new deal sees full merchandise rights for indian football teams kits, man, woman and youth with Performax, the brand will pay 24 Cr per annum to AIFF for next 4 years. 
    souravindiaashindiagiridharankartik91
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Club will follow FIFA rules else AIFF can take over salary responsibilities. EB, MCFC, BFC and MBSG wont release players in advance for AFC Asian Cup as well, AIFF has been notified. If Stimach cant get us to quarters with a one week camp, he should quit. 
    Without success of national camps all clubs will remain regional. Also all Indians yearn for national team success which takes precedence over everything else because nationalism is very strong in every individual. Clubs should think before they take such decisions and not harm during a period which is probably the best bubble in decades of wasteful Indian football. We usd to languishing about the dark tunnel lead by Aiff earlier, looks like now its the turns of the clubs to pull us down. Just makes sense why India is just a cricket nation
    Football is nothing without clubs, anywhere and India isnt any exception. Clubs sustain football and not federation. AIFF has failed in every governance criteria, FSDL would not let AIFF touch the clubs. Janta has already forgotten football, next year is lok sabha elections, no one will give a damn about national football team specially if India wins cricket ODI world cup. FSDL knows it. 
    gaffertapesouravindia
  • Performax wins the kit sponsorship deal with Indian National team, reliance owned brand beat Nivia, Italian company Erra, American New Balance and Reebok, the new deal sees full merchandise rights for indian football teams kits, man, woman and youth with Performax, the brand will pay 24 Cr per annum to AIFF for next 4 years. 
    any teams they are currently working with? i heard this name on e commerce sits like ajio. i would have loved to see a Castore kit for NT.
  • I hope it becomes a beacon fot middle average players and not the other way round. Because I do remember very well the late 80s and 90s before national league. It took time for players to become professional, just don't want to again run on parallel boats. Adequate measures should be taken to ensure that players first try professionally and then go to these institutes., otherwise for me the cons are much more than pros.

in other thread i posted about job scenes of players like Anas Edathodika, Rino Anto etc. Such players should get to play in these type of leagues. This league should cater to the players who were good enough but past their prime and of the likes of Alan Deory which was recently days discussed in other thread . I went through the names of the team names in the article such as Air India, HAL, JCT which gave me a pre 2010 vibes which many on the forum hated to see. 
    souravindiaDeb_Banashindia