Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Lalchungnunga had a great impact in the Asian Games. Glad to see him in the list.
    thebeautifulgamegiridharanNagendraindian_goonergaffertape
  • samsam 16533 Points
    sam said:
    Igor Stimac names 26 probables for Merdeka Cup 2023

NEW DELHI: Senior Men’s National Team Head Coach Igor Stimac, on Friday, September 29,2023, named a list of 26 probables for the Merdeka Cup 2023, to be played in Malaysia from October 13-17. 

The Merdeka Cup 2023 will be a four-team affair with hosts Malaysia, Palestine and Tajikistan are the other teams. To be played on the knockout basis, India will take on hosts Malaysia in the second semi-final on October 13. Palestine and Tajikistan will cross swords in the first semi-final earlier on the same day. 

October 17 has been kept as the day for the final and also for the third placed match, which will be played between the two losing semi-finalists. 

The final list of 23 players, who will travel to Malaysia, will be announced in the second week of October.

The 26 member probable list are as follows – 

Goalkeepers:Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Amrinder Singh, Vishal Kate and Dheeraj Singh.

Defenders:Nikhil Poojari, Roshan Singh, Sandesh Jhingan, Anwar Ali, Mehtab Singh, Lalchungnunga, Akash Mishra and Subhashish Bose.

Midfielders:Jeakson Singh, Suresh Singh, Anirudh Thapa, Rohit Kumar, Sahal Abdul Samad, Brandon Fernandes, Lalianzuala Chhangte, Udanta Singh, Vikram Pratap Singh, Mahesh Singh Naorem, Liston Colaco and Nandhakumar Sekar.

Forwards:Sunil Chhetri and Manvir Singh.

Head Coach: Igor Stimac
    Glad finally he got rid of the great Rahim Ali. Now I am wondering why not add Siva/Irfan and groom them by giving some minutes. Siva is going to be a bench option this season as well with the arrival of their striker. Not really sure if we have any meaningful options. I had hopes on Kiyan but he seems to be happy at his bench role. I really wished for him to go to some clubs where he can start. I even thought he could be our false 9 for a while. Players are also to be blamed for this mess. Our players have poor mentality, they are fine to accept money over career. If they really can make an impact money will follow especially in countries like India with limited options. Nobody wants to take that chance everyone wants to play it safe.
    Good riddance. Even Pandita is better than Lord Ali. David of Md. Sporting is doing good. Not going to happen, but I wish he gets into ISL this season on loan.
    giridharanashindiaNagendrasouravindiagoalkeeparindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30219 Points
    Lalchungnunga had a great impact in the Asian Games. Glad to see him in the list.
    Bodes well for East Bengal too...in the ISL :)
    Getting precious game time against China and Saudi Arabia particularly would have sharpened his skills
    Nagendra
  • Looks like Sana misses out. Also thought Rabeeh might just push in. National team is not the place to churn out strikers. Unfortunately  no India strikes still making a mark in isl, if they do not get chance in their club teams, it becomes difficult fir national team coach. So many had talents thatvwe thought, but no ones been given that chance. Look whats happened to players like Komal, Rohit Danu, etc. All either warming bench or playing in areas which is not helpful. Atleast for a change, some Indian midfielders have started to play in no 10 position.
  • Lalchungnunga had a great impact in the Asian Games. Glad to see him in the list.
    Didn't like his game play against KSA. Was extremely slow and Jinghan had to cover him so often. Was really excited when I saw him play for EB, but if he isn't fast enough then no good. 
    Nagendraashindia
  • rathorevarun4 rathorevarun4 1665 Points
    edited September 2023
    Lalengmawia was more interested in playing for club so stimac left him for club...
    Parthib 2nd goal showing he is knocking national team doors... What a strike...
    David should get a chance...indians don't score goals like this... ISL clubs waste indian goal scorers like jobby Justin, bidyasagar Singh...
    souravindia
  • samsam 16533 Points
    Didn't like his game play against KSA. Was extremely slow and Jinghan had to cover him so often. Was really excited when I saw him play for EB, but if he isn't fast enough then no good. 
    Nunga is slow. He won't make much progress if does not rectify this (difficult to improve IMO)
    ashindiasouravindiaRonny
  • samsam 16533 Points
    Lalengmawia was more interested in playing for club so stimac left him for club...
    Parthib 2nd goal showing he is knocking national team doors... What a strike...
    David should get a chance...indians don't score goals like this... ISL clubs waste indian goal scorers like jobby Justin, bidyasagar Singh...
    Jobby wasted himself. He should have stayed in EB in that season 
    ashindiaDeb_Banharitrams24
  • samsam 16533 Points

AIFF cancels tender invitations for I-League 2023 broadcasting

AIFF had previously asked vendors to place two separate bids for 4-camera-setup and 6-camera-setup

goalkeeparashindiaDeb_Bansouravindia
  • Why is that? Still fsdl thinks it is more popular than isl or what?