I-League 2012 -13 Round 5

Comments

• How is it a joke. You told to say something wrong about them and I did. To prove to that ridicules suggestion that we are biased towards USFC.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Guys, based on the five rounds name three teams for the title and three for relegation.

For me Churchill,East Bengal and Prayag for the title.
    Dempo does not impress me till now unless they get two good foreigners.

And ONGC, Air India and Usfc for relegation.

• Not disagreeing with that but to count Dempo out now would be tough. Keep in mind that Prayag have drawn against ONGC and lost to Lajong.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

@kid. The only doubt I had was whether to say Prayag or Dempo.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

It's a mark of just how good Dempo are compared to other teams.
    They have used 1 foreigner mainly (Sueoka), and haven't even got out of 3rd gear , yet after 20% of the I-League season is complete, they are sitting on top spot, again.
    Once Ricketts adapts & they start to click , they will be a formidable team to beat.

East Bengal are a seasoned team & tough to score against, but Chidi's immobility might cost them as the season progresses. How TJM wishes he could get a good Aussie striker in the January window.

Churchill are playing very well and 2 Syrians have done exceptionally well, BUT there will be 1-2 bad games & we all know what Churchill Alemao will do then....

Prayag.....don't become title contenders after beating USFC 10-1, the problems at the back and Gouramangi's rapid decline in pace & ability ( too content with his fat pay-check), will haunt them later this season. Also think Carlos won't last till the end of the season, and he needs to get fully fit to contribute> If they play him in midfield more with Bhowmick and give Rafiq a chance upfront, they could pose the top 3 some problems

• > Ashlesh said:
    > > gaffertape said:
    > > It's a mark of just how good Dempo are compared to other teams.
    > > They have used 1 foreigner mainly (Sueoka), and haven't even got out of 3rd gear , yet after 20% of the I-League season is complete, they are sitting on top spot, again.
    > > Once Ricketts adapts & they start to click , they will be a formidable team to beat.
    > >
    > > East Bengal are a seasoned team & tough to score against, but Chidi's immobility might cost them as the season progresses. How TJM wishes he could get a good Aussie striker in the January window.
    > >
    > > Churchill are playing very well and 2 Syrians have done exceptionally well, BUT there will be 1-2 bad games & we all know what Churchill Alemao will do then....
    > >
    > > Prayag.....don't become title contenders after beating USFC 10-1, the problems at the back and Gouramangi's rapid decline in pace & ability ( too content with his fat pay-check), will haunt them later this season. Also think Carlos won't last till the end of the season, and he needs to get fully fit to contribute> If they play him in midfield more with Bhowmick and give Rafiq a chance upfront, they could pose the top 3 some problems
    >
    >

i heard carlos going back to Australian league 

Why. What team would want him now. He just scored for Prayag. What nonsense. Carlos knows that if he goes back then he is a bench player in the A-League. And I-League is better quality and pay wise than the state leagues there.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

A total surprise is how Dempo could score 4 on such a bad day. After ages, I saw Dempo being forced to play long balls. They hardly got space in the wings for major part of the game. They seriously are a strong team in terms of composition and if the players hit their peak, it would be a tremendous force.

Prayag had all the ingredients of a Champion team. They have best players at the right positions. But poor Sanjoy Sen could not use the arsenal effectively. Eelco Schattorie has shown the way in his 1st game itself. He played with Ranty as lone striker and Carlos as withdrawn forward. Carlos thus roamed all over the midfield doing the good work. And Vineeth found his right form on the left while Mama was livewire on the right. Too bad they played against a weak USFC where you cannot judge the true potential. It will be interesting how Prayag fares against other teams.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

@Ashlesh Seems you rely too much on Facebook. That is the reason you hear a lot of things. Time you start giving less importance to FB in your life man..

• > Ashlesh said:
    > > nameWTHeld said:
    > > @Ashlesh Seems you rely too much on Facebook. That is the reason you hear a lot of things. Time you start giving less importance to FB in your life man..
    >
    >

ha ha ha the news was not on facebook :P 
    i heard it somewhere else 

OHeraldo does not count as well.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points

TOI is toilet paper of India so stay away from it