AFC CUP 2013

Comments

• Dika has 5 goal to his name in all compititon for EB

Only 5? He has 4 in I league and scored a brace in the last CPL match + this one in AFC cup, right?

• BTW dont uinderestimate Vineeth. His technical abilties are unmatched by Indian standards.

• alecsalecs Kerala663 Points

I haven't seen any Indian winger with the pace of vineeth, but dika should have been definitely in the Indian team

• > alecs said:
    > I haven't seen any Indian winger with the pace of vineeth, but dika should have been definitely in the Indian team

Vineeth on the left and Lalrindika on the right. Sanju can play in the middle with Lalkamal.
  • > Gunda said:
    > Congrats to EB....especially to Mr Dika.  But why ain't he in national squad??? How many times he has to prove that he is the best midfielder in India. The camp are difntly baised towards this lad.

He was selected for the Nehru Cup but was a bench player (deservingly so). Before that he was a regular under Bob (2012 AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers) and Savio (SAFF Cup) but he was injured and thus could not play in the 2012 AFC Challenge Cup.

I dont know why he is not in the squad this time though. Same with Sanju.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

First of all wim didn't knew anything about dika when he became our NT coach and overthat dika wasn't getting first team births for EB. If dika continues his good club form he will surely be in the team next time. Like lalkamal , vineeth , arnab jeje.

• > Joyptan said:
    > First of all wim didn't knew anything about dika when he became our NT coach and overthat dika wasn't getting first team births for EB. If dika continues his good club form he will surely be in the team next time. Like lalkamal , vineeth , arnab jeje.

Well said! :)
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Very true. Dika has hardly started any games for EB. Wim cant just select players based on a few performances and some good goals. Same is the case with Sanju.

As for me one among the three (Lenny,Mehtab,Lalkamal) is not required. All are similar styled players. I think Lenny could have been dropped and either Sanju or Dika taken as these guys are attacking medios.

“I practise long-rangers every day. I scored one during the Federation Cup and that gave me the confidence. I also watch how Cristiano takes those shots. The trajectory, the power… It’s amazing how he does that day in an day out,” - Lalrindika Ralte

Althouh dika & sanju getting all the prais but my top 3 players were 1 mehtab , 2 khabra , 3 soumik dey.

With their defencive show allowed our attacking players to attack more easyly. They even made raju look lika a better defender that arnab.