I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Sumantra wrote: »
    XTra Time (News Time) quoted MB looking for Katsumi Yusa (ONGC) and he is offered 70L.<div>I think barring a few changes here and there, MB should retain their side ....need to keep both Odafa & Tolgay upfront</div><div><br></div>

<br><br><br>Haha.Just a week back somebody reported that EB were signing him for 70 Lakh.<br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    </font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;">Rumour:</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"><ul><li><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Mumbai FC interested in Andrew Barisic if EB release him</b></font></li><li style="font-weight: normal;"><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Beto may sign for MB (He actually said this on camera)</font></li><li style="font-weight: normal;"><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Jewel Raja likely to be released by MB</font></li></ul></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">interesting rumour for mumbai fc fan .... as they are rumored to be after a player who scored a brace in AFC cup</font></div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    EB would be needed to be doped heavily to release a player like Barisic..and if he is released, any club would want him not only MFC. So I dont see anything in that rumor<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    Domnic wrote: »
    By the way, what are opinions on Singapore's international center-back Baihakki Khaizan. I think he could be good in India.</font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think we will have some good centre backs in next seasons I-league</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Angel Berlanga</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Bilal Najjarine</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Minchol Son</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Uga Okpara</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Bello Razzak</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Luciano Sabrosa</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Lamine Tamba(Based on PFC performance)</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Eche(Many MB fans like him)</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So why will a club go for a new player when there are so many tried and trusted centre backs.Maybe the new entrants can go for him, but unlikely that any current big club will take him.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Berlanga, Bilal, Son, Razzaq, and Eche have been fine but the rest are shit who are made to look good because they play in India. None of the rest are quality. Tamba? Are you serious. The guy is shit and always has been the old fashioned African. Sabrosa is growing older now and you can tell he is not a fast guy from watching him and Okpara is even worst this season. He is 30 now and will only get worse now.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Time to bring in someone new. Someone good. Yes, Khaizan is 29 but after seeing him play I am confident he can be great for 3-4 more years. </font></div>
  • namewtheld wrote: »
    EB would be needed to be doped heavily to release a player like Barisic..and if he is released, any club would want him not only MFC. So I dont see anything in that rumor<br>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>East Bengal would be stupid to release him now unless they find someone better and honestly I hope they do. I am still not a fan of Andrew. Stats say one thing but the way he plays and scores says another. He is a poacher who just takes his chance when it comes (exception being the IFA Shield). What is different between him and Edeh?</div><div><br></div><div>I am sure East Bengal can find someone better than that.</div>
    @arsenalkid. Regarding Tamba, I said just based on PFC perf. He was good against PFC and single handedly took care of Moga. Moga's physical presence is too much for the Indians.

Uga Okpara is not good????? I think he is one of the main reason why EB is up there. I agree on Luciano, but if you read this thread someone said EB was interested in him. But he is also not bad. Just that he is getting older. But his work rate is awesome.
  • Domnic wrote: »
    @arsenalkid. Regarding Tamba, I said just based on PFC perf. He was good against PFC and single handedly took care of Moga. Moga's physical presence is too much for the Indians.

Uga Okpara is not good????? I think he is one of the main reason why EB is up there. I agree on Luciano, but if you read this thread someone said EB was interested in him. But he is also not bad. Just that he is getting older. But his work rate is awesome.

<br><div><br></div><div>Oh, I thought you based it on his time with Pune. As for Uga, he is only good because he plays in India. Anywhere else above India's level he would be nothing. He is older, he is slow, his reading of the game is shit, and his tackling is less than superb by any means.</div><div><br></div><div>If the I-League is to improve we need more Angel's.</div>
    Angel's quality comes at a price. 75 lakhs for 4 months is a lot. That makes it about 2-2.5 Cr per season. How many clubs can afford that??
  • Domnic wrote: »
    Angel's quality comes at a price. 75 lakhs for 4 months is a lot. That makes it about 2-2.5 Cr per season. How many clubs can afford that??

<br><div><br></div><div>Very little. And right now I can say something about that and how we this should happen and blah, blah, blah but I doubt you would like it anyway (as with the majority of Indian football "fans").</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, for Angel he is worth it. A FIFA Club World Cup defender who has played at respectable levels of Spanish football and someone who is easily now the best center-back in the I-League. We need more of these signings.</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Arsenalkid700 said:

As for Uga, he is only good because he plays in India. Anywhere else above India's level he would be nothing

LOL! Every other I-league player also playes in India including Angel "A former FIFA Club World Cup defender who has played at respectable levels of Spanish football."
This discussion has been closed.