I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Domnic wrote: »
    Angel's quality comes at a price. 75 lakhs for 4 months is a lot. That makes it about 2-2.5 Cr per season. How many clubs can afford that??

<br><div><br></div><div>Very little. And right now I can say something about that and how we this should happen and blah, blah, blah but I doubt you would like it anyway (as with the majority of Indian football "fans").</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, for Angel he is worth it. A FIFA Club World Cup defender who has played at respectable levels of Spanish football and someone who is easily now the best center-back in the I-League. We need more of these signings.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Lajong had the chance to sign Berlanga , he spent a week in Shillong in pre-season , but Des Bulpin thought didn't look "physical enough " . </div><div>Angel also said he didn't want to play that style of football.....</div><div><br></div><div>Look at SCdeGoa's results since Angel joined !! </div><div><br></div><div>Des Bulpin was probably the worst signing of the season , and i'll agree with Arsenalkid, Lamine Tamba must closely follow as the 2nd worst signing !!</div><div>If keeping James Moga quite makes you a good defender, than Prathamesh & Raju "the reserve" Gaikwad are World class</div><div><br></div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Common now. I dont like Tamba too. But lets give him some credit for a good performance. Plz note he was named the man of the match. He can be an ok player for the smaller clubs.
  • Domnic wrote: »
    Common now. I dont like Tamba too. But lets give him some credit for a good performance. Plz note he was named the man of the match. He can be an ok player for the smaller clubs.

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya, but we dont want the same shit. We need to elevate our level of play. And who is going to watch a "smaller" club with Tamba.</div>
  • gaffertape wrote: »
    Angel's quality comes at a price. 75 lakhs for 4 months is a lot. That makes it about 2-2.5 Cr per season. How many clubs can afford that??

<br><div><br></div><div>Very little. And right now I can say something about that and how we this should happen and blah, blah, blah but I doubt you would like it anyway (as with the majority of Indian football "fans").</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, for Angel he is worth it. A FIFA Club World Cup defender who has played at respectable levels of Spanish football and someone who is easily now the best center-back in the I-League. We need more of these signings.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Lajong had the chance to sign Berlanga , he spent a week in Shillong in pre-season , but Des Bulpin thought didn't look "physical enough " . </div><div>Angel also said he didn't want to play that style of football.....</div><div><br></div><div>Look at SCdeGoa's results since Angel joined !! </div><div><br></div><div>Des Bulpin was probably the worst signing of the season , and i'll agree with Arsenalkid, Lamine Tamba must closely follow as the 2nd worst signing !!</div><div>If keeping James Moga quite makes you a good defender, than Prathamesh & Raju "the reserve" Gaikwad are World class</div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>James Moga is up there as well in the worst signings. Yes he scores goals but what else. When Pune FC need him most where is he? Exactly. All he does is stay up front wait for the ball to come to him and if he is lucky he will somehow get around the defender, shoot, and score. That is all he does. A poor mans Edeh.</div>
    You guys forget the worst of all signings "Koko Sakibo".
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

<br><div><br></div><div>In my buddy's defense , he has been carrying a achilles injury* all season BUT has been forced to play on. </div><div>Notice how he limps in a all matches, yet the coach won't use Joaquim or others upfront OR change from his 4-4-2</div><div><br></div><div>Some coaches can make players look bad too.</div><div><br></div><div>* but then again age also catches up , don't believe the Wikipage that says he's 25 years old...</div><div>Truth is more like 35+ </div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • gaffertape wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>In my buddy's defense , he has been carrying a achilles injury* all season BUT has been forced to play on. </div><div>Notice how he limps in a all matches, yet the coach won't use Joaquim or others upfront OR change from his 4-4-2</div><div><br></div><div>Some coaches can make players look bad too.</div><div><br></div><div>* but then again age also catches up , don't believe the Dempo page and goal.com page that says he's 25 years old...</div><div>Truth is more like 35+ </div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>At least blame the sources that I use.</div>
    @gaffertape. I wont agree on Koko. I have seen him for some years now. He is horrible in front of goal. No doubting his work ethics but he is a poor poor poor finisher. Some chances that he misses are unbelievable. Remember how Churchill asked him to leave within few months some seasons back.
  • jees_josejees_jose 210 Points
    Sp some of the guys we thought would do great as they  were national players for their countries like James moga and Henry Ancheout are not that good. Players like Odafa, Ranty who have never represented their country are far better.<br>
  • jees_jose wrote: »
    Sp some of the guys we thought would do great as they  were national players for their countries like James moga and Henry Ancheout are not that good. Players like Odafa, Ranty who have never represented their country are far better.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I think that it is just that they are older. Many people thought Thierry Henry would dominate MLS but in his 4th season he has not dominated as much as people thought and former League One (3rd tier of England) players like Luke Rodgers.</div><div><br></div><div>Just because they were stars and superstars does not mean they will dominate like they did in the past. Carlos Hernandez for example.</div>
This discussion has been closed.