I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Subhash Bhowmick has been released by Churchll brothers due to his personal grievances.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    So... what are the chances that Udanta gets game time this season?
    Looks like Udanta will join in May..TFA refused to release him early for the Fed Cup and last 9 games.
    They see him as integral to their chances of winning the I-league U19
    Gaffer  - On a slightly different note, what does future old for the AIFF U-19 Academy boys in Goa ? Do you see them getting contracts with big I-League clubs ? Are the clubs closely tracking these players - even the not so prominent ones ?
    We are back to square 1 as far as U-19 players are concerned.
    The whole point of creating Pailan was that there was nowhere for 20yr olds to play after they leave the U19 set up.

Now with Arrows closing , we will have clubs take these players and let them "rot" in the Goa or Kolkata league or worse still , some will end up at small clubs in Koljkata or in some part time 2nd Division teams.

2 players from U19, Allen Dory and one other have signed with Shillong Lajong for next season
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    There is U-19 league, no? After playing in that, the better ones may join I-league clubs. The smart ones should choose clubs those will give playtime. Only the ones lured by money or home-sickness will select Kolkata and Goa. 

they may tie up with good marketing agents also.
  • There is U-19 league, no? After playing in that, the better ones may join I-league clubs. The smart ones should choose clubs those will give playtime. Only the ones lured by money or home-sickness will select Kolkata and Goa. 

they may tie up with good marketing agents also.
    Good marketing agents lol.. Does that term really exist in India?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    seems like 4 of these boys have signed for Lajong...
    source Colm Toal interview...
  • We are back to square 1 as far as U-19 players are concerned.
    The whole point of creating Pailan was that there was nowhere for 20yr olds to play after they leave the U19 set up.

Now with Arrows closing , we will have clubs take these players and let them "rot" in the Goa or Kolkata league or worse still , some will end up at small clubs in Koljkata or in some part time 2nd Division teams.

2 players from U19, Allen Dory and one other have signed with Shillong Lajong for next season
    I completely agree with you . With the U-16 and U-19 academies in place, we need an Arrows team more then ever. Hope the AIFF will understand this
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    seems like eb won the race for sony norde
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    So sony signing for eb
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited February 2014
    I completely agree with you . With the U-16 and U-19 academies in place, we need an Arrows team more then ever. Hope the AIFF will understand this
    If Reliance Group wants India Super League, how about them sponsoring Arrows Team and playing from Mumbai in I-League.Atleast it will be beneficial for Indian Football unlike some on-paper Super league. I hope they will build some training infrastructure for the Team at Cooperage Ground.
This discussion has been closed.