I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28541 Points
    There are other factors. Getting a franchise in IPL is very very difficult. Big Fish with political connections and tonnes of money can dream of IPL. HIL has limitations as FIH (World Hockey Body) only gives a 1 month window for that. So Football is open for corporate slots. ball is in AIFF and Reliance court that how they do it as money will be coming in partly due to U-17 World cup.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Ipl is T20 Game and it started after india won t20 wc...isnt it making sense why ipl started...and in futball we cant even defend saff cup...why people compare ipl with isl...isl will get gud media coverage but in monetary terms it wil be huge flop..
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Ideally 14 teams should be in the I-league for next season.....1 team relegated, 1 promoted and 1 new corporate franchise probably in delhi...they could even renovate and use the ambedkar stadium....JLN would be too big.....lets hope AIFF goes the right way....
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Uttam rai signed 4 dempo?
  • sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    Is there any news of proposed recruitment of foreign footballers in Kolkata Football Teams for the season 2014-15?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Is there any news of proposed recruitment of foreign footballers in Kolkata Football Teams for the season 2014-15?
    Shabana was apparently approached by East Bengal before the East Bengal-Churchill Brothers game. Other than that there is word that East Bengal will sign 4 new foreigners from next season. United could be gone fully leaving Eric Brown and Bello Razaq (both dependable players) available. Mohun Bagan will get rid of Katsumi Yusa and Odafe (rumors) while they could keep Christopher Chizoba and Eche. No word on who they would sign.

Mohammedan are quiet.
  • Trevor James Morgan is rumoured to be taking over the reins of Mohun Bagan in the next season. And in case it is, TJM wud make the most disastrous choice of his life - unless ofcourse he gets swayed by big money which Bagan offers to "celebrity" coaches!

Personally I feel, even if a Pep Guardiola comes over, Bagan wud fight relegation in I -Leage next year ! Pep - with his coaching skill can make champions out of Barca and Bayern, but not Bagan! So, Bagan shud be the final frontier in Pep's career!
  • sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    In today's Bengali daily "BARTAMAN" confirmed that EAST BENGAL will change all its 4 foreigners. Rozaninho has been released by Kuwait SC and had an initial talk with EAST BENGAL before leaving to Brazil. He has taken 1 month time to let them know whether he will play for EAST BENGAL.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Trevor James Morgan is rumoured to be taking over the reins of Mohun Bagan in the next season. And in case it is, TJM wud make the most disastrous choice of his life - unless ofcourse he gets swayed by big money which Bagan offers to "celebrity" coaches!

Personally I feel, even if a Pep Guardiola comes over, Bagan wud fight relegation in I -Leage next year ! Pep - with his coaching skill can make champions out of Barca and Bayern, but not Bagan! So, Bagan shud be the final frontier in Pep's career!
    Pep has full control of his teams with little intervention... Bagan would never let him run the team the way he wants it. Trevor Morgan is known on good terms with East Bengal and for him to sign for Mohun Bagan would kill that relationship.

Also, to be honest, while Morgan knew how to win in India his style was still old... we need new thinkers in India. These coaches bought in by the Kolkata clubs are nothing to write home about. Marcos was a confusing case, Aziz never had a chance, and Karim days are numbered.
  • Infact none of the foreign coaches, barring the exception of Eelco has been impressive. Haven't seen anything new from Ashley (those overhead long balls flying in frm midfield), Mike(PFC). Karim's tactics and match reading is exceptional - and I believe, if he had the current EB Team at his disposal, he wud hv been deadly. His only shortcoming is that he is not good at making a combination of dead ball situation and in creating third man moves. Eelco had changed the way United used to play.Short passes - creating and weaving the moves and again players falling back together - modern day football.

TJM's problem is he has a brilliant Plan A, but if it doesn't succeed, he doesn't have other plans to fall back upon. Is extremely arrogant.
This discussion has been closed.