I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This year only one team will be relegated and one team will be promoted from 2nd Division.
    Or none, or two. We dont know. It will most likely be one based on how the Shame Division is playing out but for now I am treating it how it usually is till something official is out.
    THERE ARE 13 TEAMS ONLY THIS SEASON WHICH RESULT IN REDICULOUS SCHEDULING AND FIXTURE AND I'M SURE AIFF WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS MESS.....SO MY pov IS THAT 1 TEAM WILL BE RELEGATED AND 2 WILL GET PROMOTED TO MAKE EVEN NO. OF TEAMS i.e. 14  and if there is entry of new teams them i think hardly and max. 2 team will get in....even if 5 bidders are there there is high probablity that 3-4 bidder will walk out at last moment like mumbai tigers or say dodsal...
    Ideally, 1 should be relegated, 1 promoted, and 1 expanded.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    1 promoted then...i wud like to see United Sikkim....this team may be shit...but a lot of youngster are getting chance...and we found one earlier 'sandesh jingan'
    If I had to choose a promoted team I would have picked... ya... I cant do this. I hate them all.

Anyway, back to transfers, if anyone wants to add Daniel Zeleny to wiki for Churchill then be my guess. He is on the bench today for the club so I guess he is officially signed.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10057 Points
    This year only one team will be relegated and one team will be promoted from 2nd Division.
    Yeah, I read the same in today's paper (TOI Group paper). Plus -- though not relevant here -- there will be several franchisee teams next year.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10057 Points
    Ideally, 1 should be relegated, 1 promoted, and 1 expanded.
    How about 1 relegated, 2 promoted, 3 expanded ... with 1 folded up (no prizes for guessing which one)
    I dont want overexpansion of the I-League. 16 teams would be to much. 14 is already to much. I rather we be at 10.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Corporate teams will take time to decide when to come. Bangalore FC experiment has been successful. There has been some confusion created by ISL. so corporate will either come for ISL or I-league or both.
  • ashindiaashindia 9309 Points
    I dont want overexpansion of the I-League. 16 teams would be to much. 14 is already to much. I rather we be at 10.

I want 20 teams ! 
    Corporate teams will take time to decide when to come. Bangalore FC experiment has been successful. There has been some confusion created by ISL. so corporate will either come for ISL or I-league or both.
    Bengaluru FC has had tremendous success in a city JSW is used to, one in which they already had massive plans for and which has a history of support for football.

Bengaluru FC may have the same impact the Seattle Sounders had when they expanded so successfully into MLS in which their success automatically brought out so many investors willing to invest in an expansion team of their own. And in India I am sure this will happen because India is an emerging market with a very young demographic and that young demographic is very football interested so ya... this is a chance corporates should take.

However, my concern is with overexpansion, sure, you have some new flashy teams but then you have concerns like the talent... do we have enough talent for 16 teams? I mean, I dont think so. I doubt the 126 Indian players who start every week will provide enough entertainment. And also, you still have the same crap teams from before. Mumbai FC for example will most likely be without a stadium next season! The 4 Goan teams and the Kolkata teams are still old aged cavemen teams. Lajong apparently could be going through a financial crisis after this season (according to gaffer) and Rangdajied United is more than gone most likely.

Right now I would like the AIFF to calm down after this season, realize that Bengaluru FC has been a success and go back to the drawing board regarding the future of the I-League. Perhaps do what Japan did and start an "I-League Licensing Membership" where teams have to follow not only the AFC Criteria but also a set I-League specific criteria. Whoever passes can join the league while the others will have to deal with it.
This discussion has been closed.