2012-13 I-LEAGUE: ROUND 23

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    @weka today or previous 3 days?
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Domnic wrote: »
    Those expecting Dempo to win can forget about it. After all the mess, they announce that they will sack all seniors. Now why will these guys perform. News is that Dempo will pick a very very young team for next season with no title aspiration.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Might as well just fold the club. No point.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Honestly if I was Shivrans Dempo I would focus on a revamp from next season. Sack Armando and his staff and bring a new coach. Sign Derrick Pereira. Have him select his back-room staff. Then get rid of the older guys who are now past it like Selwyn Fernandes, Creson Antao, Samir Naik, Valeriano Rebello, Marcus Piexoto, and Mahesh Gawli.</font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "> Also get rid of bad players who are not to old but not young enough to improve like Subhashish Roy Chowdhury, Koko Sakibo, Ryuji Sueoka, Nicolau Borges, Covan Lawrence, and Tyson Caiado.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Keep oldies like Climax Lawrence, Peter Carvalho, and Clifford Miranda as they are still quality players in I-League and can contribute still whether it be off the bench or as a starter. They also provide good leadership for newer players or youngsters. Keep Johnny Menyongar. He is a good foreigner. Keep him the midfield and he can provide good balls to the front line or he can run up to the box and go himself. And also keep guys like Joaquim Abranches, Godwin Franco, Joy Ferrao, and Rowilson Rodrigues. You will need some solid first-teamers to stay.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Now focus on complementing these players will real foreigners. You will need a striker that will keep Johnny in the midfield so he can his thing over there. @Ashindia's suggestion at getting </span><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Christian Bekamenga as a foreign striker is perfect. The best replacement for Ranti Martins. You will also need a defender which I think needs to come from outside the league and a guy like Baihakki Khaizan would be first on my list if I was a coach. A Singaporean international for one of the top clubs in Singapore. Perfect. And the 4th foreigner would be Muritala Ali. He is 29, will be 30 next season. He is proven in the I-League and would be good to bring on when Dempo need a goal towards the end of the game.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">In terms of Indians. Raid the Air India and ONGC squads. Guys like Pradeep Mohanraj, Ramandeep Singh, Johny Singh, Prem Kumar, Robin Gurung, Surabuddin Mollik, Rajib Boro, and Renhash TP are quality players. Also look to give some youngsters more chances. I would play Romeo Fernandes day in and day out. Easily one of the best wingers in the league yet he never plays. He should. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That is basically it. Revamp. You wont win I-League next season but prove you guys are out to win it again.</font></div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    @arsenalkid.The Indian players you mentioned are not goans. So they will not raid AI or Ongc. Rather they may raid Salgcr and Scg.

Understand one thing, the phsycology in goa is that if you have more Goans you will get more support. Dempo will not want to lose their supporters to other teams like what happened to Salgcr in early 2000. Infact Churchill are also on lookout for goans to add to their roster as per what I heard. So all will scramble for a small pool of players. Salgcr and Scg will lose many players to CB and Dempo. But other good Indians can be added. The ones you mentioned are not much better than a std goan player.
  • I understand that. Ashlesh told me that already. I also kept that in mind. If you re-read what I wrote there are a few Goans and most of then would make the starting line-up. <div><br></div><div>Anyway, fuck it. Dempo needs to do what is best for the club, not what is right for the fans. The fans may not like at first how the club does not have Goans but if they see them winning then majority wont care. Football Fans at the end of the day, specially the young ones, whether they are English or bloody Somalian, only care about winning. That is what drives them. Yes they have other perks but winning is the thing that trumps it all.</div>
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    @arsenalkid700<;div><br></div><div>yup...thats true</div>
    edited April 2013
    Then why Churchill lags behind Dempo and Salgaocar on the number of fans inspite of being in top three for last 10 years. Even Scg lacks fans bcoz they were filled with manipur players some years back. Now Scg has many goans and thats why they gettimg some fans.

I told you the pshycology. But i think you wont get it until you stay in goa for some time. The common statement for CB is "Hanka ani konn support kortollo. Sogle baile hadun bhorlia". "Who will support this team, it is filled with outsiders". But only bcoz they play well and since goans support all their teams they have managed some fan base. If CB manages atleast 5 goans in team all of Salcette will back CB and they would have the max fan base.
    Then why Churchill lags behind Dempo and Salgaocar on the number of fans inspite of being in top three for last 10 years. Even Scg lacks fans bcoz they were filled with manipur players some years back. Now Scg has many goans and thats why they gettimg some fans.

I told you the pshycology. But i think you wont get it until you stay in goa for some time. The common statement for CB is "Hanka ani konn support kortollo. Sogle baile hadun bhorlia". "Who will support this team, it is filled with outsiders". But only bcoz they play well and since goans support all their teams they have managed some fan base. If CB manages atleast 5 goans in team all of Salcette will back CB and they would have the max fan base.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Come on. Dempo have been playing in that hot spot known as Margao all these years and I have seen the pictures from Duler Stadium when Dempo play there. They get a jammed pack stadium straight away. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Fuck the phycology bullshit. That is not how football works. Not every team can be like Barcelona where it is practically all Catalan. Look at Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, or to a lower extent the Red Bulls, Uwara Red Diamonds, Hyundai etc. They are all top clubs but with little "local" representation. Yes, some of these clubs have majority players from there country but not specific state or prefecture.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If Dempo want to have more Goans then tell them to actually fund there youth development and develop better Goan youngsters. Tell them to give exposure to guys like Aniston or Romeo. Right now Dempo is at a point where they are losing. There reputation is falling every day with the crisis. This off-season they will need a major revamp to show that they are still a top club. That involves forgetting this "Goan only" mentality and going for players that will improve the club. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Desperate times call for desperate measures.</font></div>
    Thats what we are saying, Dempo has fans bcoz they have Goan players. You just said what we are saying in ur first para. And dont give me this crap that Duler is packed. It is such a tiny stadium, it is full for almost all matches.Even general goan crowd is enough to fill it. The crowd at Margao is more but it is all scattered in a big stadium and too many people hv passes. I think we'll stop it at this. Cheers.
    Thats what we are saying, Dempo has fans bcoz they have Goan players. You just said what we are saying in ur first para. And dont give me this crap that Duler is packed. It is such a tiny stadium, it is full for almost all matches.Even general goan crowd is enough to fill it. The crowd at Margao is more but it is all scattered in a big stadium and too many people hv passes. I think we'll stop it at this. Cheers.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">That does not matter. Point is that they can fill up to 6,000 fans at least every game and for the I-League which usually averages 3,000 a season with its quality that is fine for now. The game is in Panjim in front of there local fans. Even with more non-Goan players I am sure they will get that same amount of fans. And they need to as well, you can not deny that at all.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dempo need to do what is best for the club on the field and that may involve not signing majority Goans. They may need to spend in a market that is non-Goan for a while as they rebuild a broken reputation built on corruption.</font></div>
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    Mohun Bagan Starting 11:- Shilton, Aibor, Nirmal, Biswajit, Nabi, Jacobs, Tolgay, Odafa, Sabeeth, Manish Maithani, Denson.