IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Dipendu biswas got an offer to be a part of "OLD AGE HOME" as a player. :D
  • samsam 16458 Points
    <h1 style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 22px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 26px; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Football needs glamour quotient but don't lose I-League: Sunil Chhetri</h1><h2 class="synopsis" style="margin: 15px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 13px; font-style: italic; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">India skipper Sunil Chhetri has said that the sport needs to increase its glamour quotient but not at the cost of ignoring the I-League.</p><p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><br></p><p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><a href="http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/209439-football-needs-glamour-quotient-but-dont-lose-i-league-sunil-chhetri">http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/209439-football-needs-glamour-quotient-but-dont-lose-i-league-sunil-chhetri</a></p></h2>;
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">In a way now I kinda want this to happen:</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Back in the 1960s here in America, for American football, we had the NFL and the AFL. The NFL was the big dog while the AFL was the "2nd Division". Only 1 team from the AFL managed to get the same average crowd as the whole NFL.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Eventually the NFL and AFL merged into one league. Thus the NFL absorbed the AFL teams and thus have since created a better product (richest and best average attendance in all of sports).</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So for India I would want this to happen, where JSW make Bangalore City FC while in the IMG-League we get Bangalore United. Eventually we also get the other IMG leagues (Delhi Wanderers, Chennai Rangers, Kerala Klaus Meine's) and then eventually we see a merger between the I-League and IMG-League (We all know that we will not continue both these leagues forever) and we can see a Super I-League with the current teams and the teams from IMG all in one mega league.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><i>A boy can dream.</i></font></div>
  • samsam 16458 Points
    <h1 id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"><span id="eow-title" class="watch-title long-title yt-uix-expander-head" dir="ltr" title="IPL FOOTBALL: WHY SUBHASH BHOWMICK IS SUPPORTING THE EVENT?" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 0.9em; cursor: pointer; -webkit-user-select: auto; letter-spacing: -0.05em;">IPL FOOTBALL: WHY SUBHASH BHOWMICK IS SUPPORTING THE EVENT?</span></h1><div><span class="watch-title long-title yt-uix-expander-head" dir="ltr" title="IPL FOOTBALL: WHY SUBHASH BHOWMICK IS SUPPORTING THE EVENT?" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 0.9em; cursor: pointer; -webkit-user-select: auto; letter-spacing: -0.05em;"><br></span></div><div><span class="watch-title long-title yt-uix-expander-head" dir="ltr" title="IPL FOOTBALL: WHY SUBHASH BHOWMICK IS SUPPORTING THE EVENT?" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 0.9em; cursor: pointer; -webkit-user-select: auto; letter-spacing: -0.05em;">
  • samsam 16458 Points
    edited June 2013
    <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 30px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Beckham, Raul may play at Kanteerava Stadium</span><div><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; font-size: 30px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">With plans to get global </span><font color="#024d99" face="georgia"><span style="font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 20px;">football</span></font><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> icons including David Beckham and </span><font color="#024d99" face="georgia"><span style="font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 20px;">Raul Gonzalez</span></font><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> for the IPL style football league in full swing, matches involving the Bangalore franchisee would be played under lights at the</span><font color="#024d99" face="georgia"><span style="font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 20px;">Sree Kanteerava stadium</span></font><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">. </span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Beckham-Raul-may-play-at-Kanteerava-Stadium/articleshow/20661827.cms">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/Beckham-Raul-may-play-at-Kanteerava-Stadium/articleshow/20661827.cms</a></div>;
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">In a way now I kinda want this to happen:</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Back in the 1960s here in America, for American football, we had the NFL and the AFL. The NFL was the big dog while the AFL was the "2nd Division". Only 1 team from the AFL managed to get the same average crowd as the whole NFL.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Eventually the NFL and AFL merged into one league. Thus the NFL absorbed the AFL teams and thus have since created a better product (richest and best average attendance in all of sports).</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So for India I would want this to happen, where JSW make Bangalore City FC while in the IMG-League we get Bangalore United. Eventually we also get the other IMG leagues (Delhi Wanderers, Chennai Rangers, Kerala Klaus Meine's) and then eventually we see a merger between the I-League and IMG-League (We all know that we will not continue both these leagues forever) and we can see a Super I-League with the current teams and the teams from IMG all in one mega league.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><i>A boy can dream.</i></font></div>

<br><br>and you changed sides as i said <br>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Will I-league teams last that long to be a part of 'SI-league' ? Don't think so.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    samiam wrote: »

<br><br>and you changed sides as i said <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>When did I change sides? I still think that this will kill the I-League off if IMG get their way. What I said above was more hypothetical.</div>
This discussion has been closed.