IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Two things:<div><br></div><div>1) So much for being homesick Morgan.</div><div><br></div><div>2) What ever happen to the "World-Class Coaches" IMG-Reliance said they would get?</div>
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    sam wrote: »
    <h1 id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 22px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"><span id="eow-title" class="watch-title long-title yt-uix-expander-head" dir="ltr" title="XtraTime EXCLUSIVE: HERE GOES THE VENUE WHERE THE IPL-BASED FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT WILL BE KICKED OFF.." style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 0.9em; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); -webkit-user-select: auto; letter-spacing: -0.05em;">HERE GOES THE VENUE WHERE THE IPL-BASED FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT WILL BE KICKED OFF</span></h1><div><span class="watch-title long-title yt-uix-expander-head" dir="ltr" title="XtraTime EXCLUSIVE: HERE GOES THE VENUE WHERE THE IPL-BASED FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT WILL BE KICKED OFF.." style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 0.9em; cursor: pointer; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); -webkit-user-select: auto; letter-spacing: -0.05em;">

<br><br>This Ishant Sharma duplicate came for Stadium Inspection for IMG League at Salt Lake. Is he satisfied? <br> :P
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited July 2013
    Former Mahindra United trio Sukhwinder Singh, Mohammed Rafi and Sushant Matthew join IMG-Reliance’s station wagon (bandwagon)
    y8up6k.jpg :P

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1064/i-league/2013/07/08/4101991/former-mahindra-united-trio-join-img-reliances-bandwagon?ICID=HP_BN_1
    <font size="5" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"><b>Report: Former-Man U Star who has probably no idea about Indian football and its history and culture backs IMG-Reliance tournament.</b></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"><font size="5"><b><br></b></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://feverpitch.in/SiteWeb/Newsdesc.aspx?SID=DF51079A-63EF-4B14-B76B-8E01733AB59F</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Reminds me of when Sir Alex Ferguson went to America and said that we should adopt promotion/relegation and that he was confused as to why we do not. Sadly he did not know anything about American soccer so no one gave a crap.</font></div>
  • kali007kali007 0 Points
    I don't think he backed the tournament, i think you need to read it again. American soccer is boring, no drama, bunch of meaningless games until you reach playoff.
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    kali007 wrote: »
    I don't think he backed the tournament, i think you need to read it again. American soccer is boring, no drama, bunch of meaningless games until you reach playoff.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;">"Gary Pallister today called it a "great initiative" and <b>wants the stakeholders of Indian football to support it</b>."</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;">"<b>It's a great idea, great initiative that should be backed</b>. But whether it works for football, only time will tell. It depends on how it is received. <b>Hopefully, it will get the backing</b>," Pallister said."</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;">Ya, I think it is safe to say that he backs it. And again, he does not understand the landscape of football in India. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Fine, the clubs would give there backing but then whats next. We still have the problem of infrastructure and also the disparity between the "stars" and the Indian footballers will be huge. And unless we pay these "stars" what they would get in China or the Middle East they will not stay. You think it is all about money for these guys. Not fully. If they come onto a pitch with bad pitches and bad players they are guaranteed to leave.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Even with the clubs backing this will fail.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for your opinion on American soccer, I don't care what you think. I deal with you guys everyday on BigSoccer and countless other places, and in the end you are all unveiled as the Euro-loving, anti-MLS scum you are. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also I doubt you have any proof that the league is boring until the play-offs because you would not think that if you actually watched the league. </font></div>
    edited July 2013
    WOW! A reliable source says that The Messi & Ronaldo combined in body MARVIN THE MARTIAN thinks that this ICL style league will improve Indian Football drastically.

marvin-the-martian-warner-brothers-animation-30976023-319-400.jpg
    Wim Spoke atlast
    1859342.jpg

"I can say and plan whatever I want, but the biggest threat now is the IMG-Reliance tournament." - Wim Koevermans

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/1859340/report-indian-football-facing-its-biggest-threat-wim-koevermans
This discussion has been closed.