IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Alvito D Cunha will get married on 25th May 2013. On this ocassion many I-league club officials will be there and they will discuss about what to do with this 'sh*t' league and realeasing of players, although EB , MB , SCG & PFC have already said that they won't realease any players for this 'sh*t' league.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    munna21977 wrote: »
    silicon3 wrote: »
    sam wrote: »
    this league will definitely get live telecast

</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

Empty broken down stadiums, dancing girls, no spectators is what comes to mind... Where is the infrastructure to hold this so called top class event...

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">This is why CGI was invented.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">What is CGI???</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer-generated_imagery</font></div>;
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    samiam wrote: »
    /No one really gave crap about the ranji trophy but when ipl started ppl started taking interest in city/state team cricket<br>same applied for Hockey and now will do wonders for Football<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Not the same. Hockey and Cricket had many aspects which just will not work for football. They had the best stars, the big money, the big amazing stadiums. Football can not compete... at least not yet.</div>

<br><br>Best stars will come if there is big auction involved with big money . before ipl started did u ever think BCCI had so much money to spend on these type of league matches?same goes for hockey before HIL everyone thought hockey federation was poor now look at their condition they have live telecast for all their league matches.If all goes well football will also see golden status in India<br><br>IMG league will also have big money because there will be outside players you never know the power of indian black money even european players may enter to play just like IPL <br><br>matches can be held in goa,kolkata,North east states,Delhi,Pune these places will get decent or even good amount of crowd just wait for foreign players to come<br><br>All this is only possible if the League is successfully started<br><br><br><br>
    Your living in a fantasy. BCCI is the 2nd richest sports organization in the world and the richest cricket board in the world. Plus sponsors were never a problem. This is cricket in India after all.<div><br></div><div>As for hockey, again it is not hard. The competition is so low and there were always sponsors hoping to take advantage of the easy field hockey market, not only in India, but the world.</div><div><br></div><div>For us it is not as easy. First off we need infrastructure and if this league is expected to begin in 2014 then we are to late because we will not have anything as close to the stadiums in IPL and HIL by 2014. Also the internationals will not come for black money unless they are retired. The big boys again like Yossi or Henry will join the middle-east, MLS, China before India. It is not just the money that gets them as well, its the competition and the infrastructure. Also look at the quality of the Indian players. It is pathetic. You try fielding Baichung Bhutia alongside Hernan Crespo and see what you will get. The other foreigners will be K-League and J. League rejects who have no future in there domestic countries. They will be no better than the Indian players.</div><div><br></div><div>Also look at the markets this is being held in. A Kolkata franchise needs the East Bengal or Mohun Bagan name. Those two clubs already rule the city and a franchise with a retired star and a bunch of Indians will not hype them up. Delhi and Pune are shit football markets and the North-East lacks the infrastructure to hold such a tournament. </div><div><br></div><div>Again it is all fantasy. And this is only 2-months long... FOR GODS SAKE THIS IS FOOTBALL! We need a proper 6-8 month tournament. </div><div><br></div><div>Also do not get me started on the I-League. Please, someone tell me how we can have 18 clubs and properly divide TV money equally. 1 lakh per team at best for a shit product. And the markets they are aiming for, they will be done in 1-3 seasons.</div>
  • samsam 16428 Points
    I think most the IFN members want IMG league to fail. This is really unfortunate.
    edited May 2013
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    I think most the IFN members want IMG league to fail. This is really unfortunate.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Why unfortunate? So we can teach IMG a lesson? They literally think that finding a solution to football in India is so easy and simple when in reality it is really hard. Indian football is so fragile at this moment and IMG will ignore that for there own personal means.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If they had the patience they would forget this quick-money league and try and "re-start" the I-League with a long-term vision like in Japan or Australia. They were patient with there leagues and now look where they are at. Patience and smart planning is what we need, not super quick money scams. </font></div>
  • samsam 16428 Points
    <br>
    Ashlesh wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>not just IFN but 99% of true Indian football fans wont IMG League to fail</div><div> </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>If something good (of indian football) can be achieved by doing that I am also with them. But I doubt anything like that can be achieved by doing that. Anyway our Indian football is not doing any good even after many efforts. If this league can give that much needed oxyzen i am in favour of taking that risk. If league fails we can anyway stop the league from the next year.</div>
  • munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    Who supports IMG League? Mukesh Ambani, Praful Patel. Both are heavily involved in IPL. Cricket and hockey had no club culture-thats why IPL, HIL were successful. also they had proper stadiums for cricket and hockey. Football do not have prpoer stadiums. what will be the venues for IMG League???  Mumbai-on the road outside Bombay High Court where Cooperage Ground case is going on???=)) <br>I think that IMG-Reliance are just testing public and corporate response at this moment. Soon they will cancel this project. <br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    if developing football in a country was so easy like IMG ;league then everyone would have done so. And dont draw parallels with IPL, cricket was already popular and India a superpower, so IPL could take advantage of the new 20-20 format. IPL suceeded due to traditional crickets sucess in India and not the other way round, plus the new format gave it a fresh feel.<div>IPL could get the bbest cricketers in the world. Can IMG league bring Messis and Ronaldos? No, they will bring some stars who are hardly known and are ageing, no one is interested in seeing them.</div><div><br></div><div>What I am saying is the sports success is utilised by IPL, but IMG League cant borrows any such. And it doesnt help development of football, I dont see how these teams can put resources in players development</div><div><br></div>
    rudra wrote: »
    if developing football in a country was so easy like IMG ;league then everyone would have done so. And dont draw parallels with IPL, cricket was already popular and India a superpower, so IPL could take advantage of the new 20-20 format. IPL suceeded due to traditional crickets sucess in India and not the other way round, plus the new format gave it a fresh feel.<div>IPL could get the bbest cricketers in the world. Can IMG league bring Messis and Ronaldos? No, they will bring some stars who are hardly known and are ageing, no one is interested in seeing them.</div><div><br></div><div>What I am saying is the sports success is utilised by IPL, but IMG League cant borrows any such. And it doesnt help development of football, I dont see how these teams can put resources in players development</div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Could not have said it any better myself Rudra. :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.