2013-14 Arsenal FC season

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Di Maria and Cabaye over Mata for me. Mata is obviously better than Cabaye but Cabaye would be perfect as a player off the bench and to start from time to time. He would be more willing to do that than Mata which is why I would not like the Spaniard.<div><br></div><div>If we can get the Di Maria and Cabaye deals done then I think we are about set. We can move Santi Cazorla to the middle while Di Maria can rip the left-side apart. Podolski can rotate with Di Maria and even rotate with Giroud as a striker which means that we do not even need to buy a striker (I mean we can but not now, all the better ones are to damn expensive and over their worth). We can then also have Tomas Rosicky come off the bench as well as Cabaye meaning that we do not need to have Serge Gnabry (18-years old) and Zelalem (16-years old) on our bench (as they both were against Fulham last Saturday).</div><div><br></div><div>We could then see a starting midfield and front line of this:</div><div><br></div><div>Wilshere - Ramsey</div><div>Walcott - Cazorla - Di Maria</div><div>Giroud</div><div><br></div><div>And then once Arteta (and then soon Diaby) come back we will be completely stacked in the midfield. Add in the OX and our youth depth and I believe we are more than set.</div><div><br></div><div>Now then, we could use some goalkeeping help and defensive help. I think Wenger has in his mind that Szecezny will be the #1 for years to come as a world-class keeper but Fabianksi is holding him back. It is not that Fabianski is as good or better than Szez but that I feel that Szez does not provide any scare to Szez. Szez does not feel that he is threatened from Fabianski so we will need to get a keeper that does striker fear into Szez. The names thrown out right now (that are not confirmed out): Tim Krul, Iker Cassilas, and Julio Cesar. Personally I would like Iker or Julio as they are older, have played and won at the highest levels, and would keep Szez on his toes and hopefully improve Szez along the way.</div>
  • @Arsenalfan, Tim Krul would be more realistic, had fantastic season wid newcastle, I wud prefer Iker casiilas also if it happens in Reality
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Arsenalfan, Tim Krul would be more realistic, had fantastic season wid newcastle, I wud prefer Iker casiilas also if it happens in Reality

Who knows. Newcastle are already pissed that we are after Cabaye so if we go for Krul they would be bloody livid. At least with Iker he is still quality while not a guaranteed #1 at Madrid.
  • @Arsenalfan, Tim Krul would be more realistic, had fantastic season wid newcastle, I wud prefer Iker casiilas also if it happens in Reality

Who knows. Newcastle are already pissed that we are after Cabaye so if we go for Krul they would be bloody livid. At least with Iker he is still quality while not a guaranteed #1 at Madrid.
    <div><br></div><div>yeah, i also confused why diego lopez is sttarting ahead of iker the club and national team captain</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited August 2013
    Shouldn't the better one start?
  • <span style="color: rgb(8, 31, 44); font-family: Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">it's a blessed problem for ancelotti .... & Iker will never leave Madrid ....</span>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    I find it very disturbing that madrid fans rooting for ikar to start. I have no problem fans rooting for ikar but rooting for him to start. What diego is thinking about? How much moral he is losing?
  • both are professional players and its media who created all the hype around this saga ..team is fine right now,not like jose's time.......
  • what is most disturbing is that one part of fans are booing iker and another are booing diego ......<div>if they are supporting iker or diego or both than its 'OK' but booing is totally different thing...</div><div>its like Madrid is divided into 2 parts ...... </div>