2014 U-19 I-League

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    even if he had made it into the squad he won't be getting any playing time he shud better try to make in smaller teams...where he will feature in almost every match and at 17 he shud not concentrate on money,,if he performs well in 1 season his value will be rocket high...
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    He should go abroad. He is to young to become a professional. Again, if he can, I would love him to return to the US and try at least to get into an Academy here or perhaps do college ball here while playing in the semi-pro USL PDL in the summer before perhaps joined the MLS Draft. I really do think he can make it but he needs to make the right call and get in contact with the right people.

Note: As a guy who has played Academy ball here, it is not that hard to get a try-out. For example, at Red Bulls all I did was play for a local club team before being spotted and then I was invited to a camp before going to a try-out. That is the hardest it will be. Hell, on the website there is an option where you can just hand in a bloody application!

Hell, same with the team that Uttam was linked to, the Chicago Fire... just sign up and try out: http://www.chicago-fire.com/academy/tryouts

That is also why I was surprised when I was told that Uttam had to talk to several people before even getting a look at for an Academy side here... when it can be as simple as just signing up.
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    edited January 2014
    @7negi : i know that Uttam at present should be in a good youth side/academy , but it is his life and i cannot force it on him...if he is hell bent on playing professional football in India , what can i do...i have tried my best to convince him , but it is his descision after all....and we have signed up with Libero sports once again...so it up to them to find the right club for him. 

and don't put it so bluntly saying that he was rejected...if they peanuts of course he will not accept... they offered him 40k/month...when other's are willing to shell out 90k/month.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    But 40 K per month is good for 17 year old and PFC have bettter youth system ! and if he joined any academy no one give that much !

And He dont want to go outside as Toal Said to him that he will nt select those who play outside India !
    then toal is at fault to some extent...why toal is doing that..
    they offered him 40k/month...when other's are willing to shell out 90k/month.

dhungel35  which club is willing to pay 90k/monthly for 17 yrs kid????
    @rohan you are 17 yrs yourself...how much your club is paying you???
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited January 2014
    I get payed nothing... im an Academy player, not a pro.
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    edited January 2014
    is age really that big a factor??? if a 17 yrs kid can get u 10-12 goal/season then why not???

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    @dhunge35 why 17 year boy running behind money ? he should run behind development !