Indian Football Transfer News, Rumors and Gossips 2014-15

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Carlos was not the best player for the Phoenix. He was influential but was far from the best. But, he was named into the PFA team of the year bench.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @munna219777 ...the Seikhohau Tuboi example is a prefect case for NE age rigging. .especially Manipur. ..

He has 2 ages on Wikipedia. .1986 and 1989..if he is 28...then his best years should be now...yet he lost his place to his own cousin Seminlen Doungal !
    TUBOI'S best years were 2010-11...so i would guess he is more like 31 - 32...

He even had a call up for the India team camp under Houghton...

Just shows how important it is to get guys who know Indian football. ..rather than marquee coaches ...who might be impreases with a Singam Subhas Singh or a Dika because they are "-young prospects"
    munna219777
    You can get these marquee coaches but make sure you have a proper assistant staff that knows Indian football. Even then it might not help because we have seen some of the typical coaches in the I-League make the same type of comments on "young prospects".
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited November 2014

> I wonder what strategy Western coaches apply to tackle with age fraud when they are in Africa. Age fraud is rampant there in African countries. Still western coaches manage to squeeze out the best teams. One more thing, if I ever see any commentary in say Africa Cup of Nations, Commentators are silent about age of players while whole teams look 30 plus.
    The only reason I can think of that Africans have supreme Athletic ability and age doesnt matter- 40 plus yusif yakubu still manage to play in I-League.

> Strict Financial Punishments for State Associations should be there who bring overage children for age group meets.

> Ricki Herbert has a Football Academy.
    http://www.rickiherbert.co.nz/

People like Ricki and Peter Reid are interested in India Coach position? Can they figure out the correct team and identify the young prospects and not so young players?
    #-o
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Diego Costa is 26 now. the following link is the picture of him 9 years back. He should be 17!!!! So he is also  a suspected age fraud. Lets see how he fares when he is officially 28-29. No way he is 17. this pic was taken in 2005!!!!
    ashindia
    I have seen 17 year olds that look a lot older. I have an 18-year old classmate who is 6 foot 10 and looks like a 40 year old black man.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    How you know he is 17 ?? Your class mate may also be age fraud. Jusk asking X_X
    munna219777dhritiman7
    True but still, what I am trying to say is that people are basing a lot of stuff on things like looks. If I was a footballer in India I would have been accused many times on this forum because sometimes I look like I am in my mid-20s!

Costa, from that picture, looks like one of those highly athletic kids you see at a high-school sporting event here in the states... they are freaks of nature who do nothing but stay in the gym mainly because mommy and daddy would rather their child waste their education and get a sports scholarship instead... seen many a time.
    munna219777ashindia
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Talk on ISL tgrad of Sandesh Jhinghan being good enough for 2nd tier of Europe or MLS [-X
    here we go again...transfer window opens up and hyberbole begins...

As for those wondering about the dates...I-League clubs have to register the minimum number of players by end of February and then cant register any more after 11th game..

Some player's on trials at clubs already...Bharat FC gearing up for trials of their own very soon
    You don't think so? I mean, I don't think he would be a starter on an MLS side but lets use my Red Bulls as an example. Our starting back-line consists of a former Manchester United player at right-back, two over 30 center-backs, and a 30 year old left-back. As back-ups we have a guy who is solid but not amazing at right-back, 2 random Europeans who have failed to impress whenever they play, and a very promising Cameroonian left-back.

I believe Sandesh Jhingan, at the age of 21, can probably get a spot among the back-ups and then work his way to maybe a starter, if not on the Red Bulls, some other team in MLS. I honestly do believe he has the potential here with the right coaches and facilities. And it is not just based on today but since United Sikkim... Jhingan has shown himself to be a very competent defender and he has so much potential that staying in I-League would not be right for him.
This discussion has been closed.