Indian State Leagues and Tournaments Thread

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points

SIKKIM PREMIER LEAGUE
    State Sports Academy records second consecutive win

State Sports Academy on Sunday came from one goal down to defeat Sinolchu FC Namchi 2-1 to notch up its second win in a row. Trailing by one goal, the academy restored parity at the stroke of halftime through Manoj Rai who was assisted by captain Sukraj Subba.

Manoj (jersey no. 18 in picture) then scored the winning goal with a towering header in the 72nd minute from a Amit Pariyar corner.

The Namchi side had taken the lead through a penalty converted by Mayal Lepcha. They had two glorious opportunities to equalize in the dying minutes but the goalbound shot was denied by the crossbar and the rebound was smashed outside from close range by the Sinolchu FC players.

The State Sports Academy now has 6 points from two matches while Sinolchu FC has one point from two matches.

archak
  • samsam 16428 Points
    PREMIER DIVISION & 2ND DIVISION S - LEAGUE 2015.
    RESULT OF THE SEVENTH DAY'S MATCHES : 
    01.P M. 2ND DIVISION S - LEAGUE 2015 
    Boy's Club - A. Vs. JVC Singtam. ( 0 - 2 )
    03.P M. PREMIER DIVISION S - LEAGUE 2015 
    Sinolchu FC Namchi. Vs State Sport Academy ( 1 - 2 )
    archak
  • samsam 16428 Points
    PREMIER DIVISION & 2ND DIVISION S - LEAGUE 2015
    TOMORROW'S MATCHES : 
    01.P M. 2ND DIVISION S - LEAGUE 2015 
    Aakraman XI. Vs Dzongri Club
    03.P M. PREMIER DIVISION S - LEAGUE 2015 
    SAI Namchi. Vs Gangtok FC
    archak
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Any chance of new semi pro state leagues starting on the lines of ASPL and MPL? Nagaland/Kerala/TN/Maharastra?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Nagaland had one a few years ago... not sure if it still continues.
    @Arsenal Fan700 no it doesn't , I checked. The local population needs to start demanding better from the elected officials, it would also help in bringing more peace in the region. Same for the other NE areas. Still AIFF takes some initiative and lets a private firm develop a pan NE league (too much day dreaming, I guess). It will not take any money away from #IMG (except maybe the cost of the league CEO) and will be a step in the right direction. It just amazes me the amount of pig headedness in the #AIFF top ranks, even if they step back and let private initiative to develop zonal and ileagues better India can still salvage its domestic football calender, but the amount of active worshiping of the #IMG bosses white feet is really unbelievable. #IMG has to show an ROI to their corporate bosses, so their pre occupation with #ISL is understandable, but #AIFF, seriously?? 
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @deepakc So you are saying football will ensure peace in the NE region and AIFF don't have the required budget to do it. If football will ensure peace and stability then the central government should increase the sport development budget with the help of Sports ministry and prevent the locals from joining extremist groups such as NSCN(K) and ULFA.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    I too feel NorthEast should have a single premier league rather than separate leagues for each state. It allows for more teams, more money, and better football.
    @Cyvertron, I didn't say "ensure peace", I said "it would help in ensuring peace"...small difference there bro! I stand by it, a NE league with 2 divisions played from Sep-April, would help build a much safer NE environment, will attract more tourists (with an MPL like marketing), and help in developing the NE infrastructure (hotels/stadiums/trains/airports). It will indeed be a peace enabler. I don't think its a problem of budget, more a problem of willingness, especially from #AIFF (who are refusing to look beyond the white feet of their #IMG masters). 

As more and more Indian talent is from NE, it makes sense for #AIFF to appoint a Technical Director for NE, who can then focus on developing a NE league, and improve the various state leagues and oversee the youth development. Nothing of this sort is likely to happen though till we are free of our snow white footballing masters (#IMG) and their hired minions (#AIFF top brass, to make it less subtle)
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    @atuljg, just keep AIFF out of it.