2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This does suck but lets look at this in a different way... 3 months of ISL (September to November). 1 month of Federation Cup (December). 5 months of I-League (January to May).

There is no stop at all! Just 9 months of Indian football!
    Deb_Banfootydip
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    ISL will start from 19 September will goes till 3 december 
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    That's 4 months of football....... is it really that short?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    4 months plus Fed Cup and I-League. For Indian football fans this is great!!! Capdevilla and Luis Garcia for 2014 and Odafe Okolie and Ranti Martins for 2015.
    rudragoalkeepar
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    I have a question. Dont know if this is the right forum to post it and sorry if it already has been discussed. Why do all the goan clubs have very less social network reach, Look at EB,MMB,BFC,PFC,SLFC... their pages are active and have always been generating likes, so why goan clubs??
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    "...then being used to help i-league if possible ..." @shankar, are you crazy!!! IMG-R (in collaboration with AIFF) is doing all they can to kill or at least maim I-league. They don't want any competition to ISL. Look at the way they are shortening the duration of I-league. As per AFC norms, you have to have a 6-month league for clubs to be considered for ACL. So they are keeping I-league at the minimum duration. In 3-4 years, when ISL will get a good foothold, they will expand it to a 6-8 month league and shrink I-league further to make ISL the premier league. I-league will be deserted and uncared for (as if it is not the case now!), ACL spots remain there for Indian 'clubs'.

This, I think, is the game plan.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29244 Points
    @coolgagan dempo page is active salgaocar page is active SCG page is active and about likes they are less because they are not paid like + goa is small fan base is divided and most of goan youth don't even know about I-league but at last it better to get 8k and have 5K likes then having 50k likes and 1500 in stadium
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    East Bengal,MB,SLFC,PFC all have paid likes ... Only BFC is page have genuine likes
    goalkeepar
    From what I think is that Pune FC have paid likes. That is clearly visible in their posts. No one seems to like them at all.

BFC is highly successful. No doubt about that. 

EB, MMB, SLFC I think have organic likes. Just check their pages. Each of their posts seems to generate on an average 1000-1200 likes. That is good considering likes on post to no. of peoples liking the page ratio. This means people are interested.
    LOOK AT ANY TOP CLUB IN WORLD. Manchester united has 52 million likes on page. But only generate about 120,000 likes on a particular post on average. Again, not a huge number as compared to 52 million.

So I think its only Pune FC that has paid likes. 
    Also EB,MMB cant be paid likes. Look at the fan following and interest in kolkata for them. They might not attned the games but they certainly know about their team through FB. Shillong again has large no. of fans. Evident in stadium outings.