2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Nethaji FC does not exist now 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29244 Points
    It exists in a different name
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Chennai (erstwhile Madras) is a Sports City. Tennis, Hockey, Cricket, Chess all are popular here. Tennis, Hockey used to get good crowd whenever any international event is organised here. 1995 SAF Games were a great success.
    This JLN Stadium has hosted Federation Cup in the past. It will be a good place to play Football in I-League. In previous editions of NFL, Indian Bank used to play in this stadium. Why people suddenly has problem with this stadium? Compact mid-size Football Only stadium is not feasible now-maybe after 10-15 years when Football becomes a profitable venture.
    Look at bangalore-that half broken stadium is yet to recieve permission from Govenment to be demolished and to be remade into a new stadium by JSW. Already JSW has said that it is not possible to make it before 2017 World Cup. I will not be surprised if BFC again play next year I-League also in this same half broken stadium. Chennai JLN stadium is better then Bangalore one.You never know when Stands will come tumbling down in Bangalore.
    :P
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    How is the location of the Chennai JLN Stadium? Is it well accessible?
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Its inside city near central railway station
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Oh when the blues go crumbling?
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I dont think we should compare Bengaluru with Chennai... We all knew that Bengaluru is a football loving city with the basic fact that even HAL could attract few hundreds to the stadium... and if opponent had any local players add few more fans..

But i doubt we can say the same about chennai... may be they can attract fans if they build team where most of indian players coming from TN and Kerala ... for now i would not want a city with a unpredictable fan base...

Kerala delhi or hyderabad would be better options i suppose..
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @munna219777 That was a different era... a semi-professional/amateur era. We are talking about a new professional football team here which is coming in a year after the success of Bengaluru FC. The JLN in this case is just way to big, the atmosphere will just be total rubbish here unless all fans are seated in one section!
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Few hundreds for HAL is considered as a unpredictable fan base.
    I can bet you that Delhi/Hyderabad are even worse destinations for starting a club than chennai.

Hope a club from chennai isnt spoiling your appetite
    :P
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    edited June 2014
    @7negi, I read somewhere that the owner of Nethaji Club sold the club on the premises that the name will not be altered (he founded the club inspired by the heroics of Nethaji Subhas Chandra Bose and the INA and continued the legacy against all financial hurdles) as he wants the legacy, more than any other things, to be continued. So contractually "Nethaji Club" shall have to be there: in any of the divisions of TNFA.

@DX, so much as a club from Chennai region is badly needed in I-league, 3-4 fans on a forum are not enough :P (even if I consider you are 0.001% of total Chennai football fans). What are the people on the street thinking on 'Chennai City FC'? What is the local press' reaction and support? Are the public in general enthused?

Will be great if anybody can enlighten us on these.