2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    well @gaffertape is the same person who once said that josh Walker is more than Marqueness club is looking for. for this he gave very valid reason that he scored against Bayern Munich in uefa league but wonder how thoughts are changes with time now he is con ...just wow ...
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    no offense though ...
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Whatever... point is that the marquee rule is flawed big time and that Bengaluru FC could have done so much better literally from the ISL pool of foreigners.
    gaffertape
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @preetam
    having seen his performance before they signed..ie U20 world cup & given how low League players from UK did well in I-League 2013-14...he was expected to suffice.

Note my comments were prior to ISL..

Having seen him play in Goa in pre-season he looked OK...but since then the rest of the players on BFC have improved making him look less special. .

With players like Carlos Hernandez and Edgar Marcelino his direct comparison he is falling even lower in my estimations..

Is he step up from the Penn Orji , Oga Kallu , Ebi Sukore types? Hell yes....
    But as a marquee....he is so far off what is needed.
    he currently isn't even the best midfielder in BFC !!

anyways...all moot for now..as next season he won't be classed as a marquee ..as pwr AIFF meeting last night

P.S. no offence taken B-)

My reaction as Con is also heavily influenced by that stupid BBC report which made him out to be something he certainly isn't.

Fans in bangalore have stated that the new #10 isn't even half as good as Johnny Menyongar...and is one of the reasons why BFC have become a long ball team
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29733 Points
    BFC should have signed elano or Santos even Palasari on loan will be great singing.
    Bengaluru FC should have gotten someone better PERIOD. I was actually excited when they announced that Menyongar would leave and that Westwood had his eyes on some players with Championship experience. I never thought it would end up being a guy who played at that level years ago and even then, in the Conference last season!

However, who knows, maybe they did try to go for someone better but it did not materialize, only one who can say is gaffer but ya, anyone from ISL (almost) would have been better than Walker who I doubt would even start many ISL games.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29733 Points
    walker will be a bench player in ISL
    Exactly. I mean, Penn Orji managed to get some game time and even some bloody fame for a bit. Walker can do it to but he would not be close to a marquee at that level and probably not a regular starting XI guy.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Baichung Bhutia signs for EB :P

Armando has left EB and hasn't reported seems
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Armando to leave EB before Derby...sighting medical grounds....

Perfect timing...leaves as unbeaten record in derby