2014-15 I-League General Discussion Thread

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Only saw the highlights... Anwar Ali should be banned for letting those two goals in for Odafa. Seriously, how he did well in ISL I will never know.
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    http://www.goal.com/en-india/tables/i-league/150

Can some one explain why MB is still on top? BFC are ahead on GD
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    Isnt GD higher on priority?
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    No head to head first ..as bagan beat bfc in the first leg
    ) Higher number of points in all the matches.

b) If the sides have the same points, then, the result of the matches (head-to-head) between the concerned teams will be taken into account. The team securing more points from those encounters will be placed higher.

c) If the teams are tied on points when it comes to head to head, Goal difference resulting from the matches between the teams concerned will decide the ranking.

d) If the goal difference between the teams is also same, the Goals scored in the matches concerned will come into play to decide the ranking.

e) Furthermore, if the teams draw their head-to-head record as well, the team having a higher goal difference will be placed higher.

f) If the teams have the exact same goal difference, the team with the higher number of goals scored will be placed higher.

g) If the sides cannot be separated even then, the ranking shall be decided by having a play-off match between the concerned teams at a neutral venue. The team that loses this play-off match – in case of relegation affected teams - will be relegated.
    footydipatuljgmunna219777
    Head to head sucks but I can see why it is used.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3616 Points
    head to head will mean lesser chances of match fixing later on during the tournament or during deciders. It is good to reduce such cases which are not rare in Indian football.
    ArsenalFan700atuljg
    Excellent point there. Does not eliminate match-fixing completely though, some people, if desperate, can manipulate other results and some previous round matches and get the job done.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Is someone starting a thread for this Round or shall i just start posting line ups here...?

SALGAOCAR vs BFC line ups are in Match Commissioners hand now
    edited May 2015
    I was going to do it for this round (10) but I did not know it was moved to this weekend (when I made that post about the rest of the fixtures, this round was next week, not now).

Since the round already started, just post them here.