New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3620 Points
    well instead of senior coaches we should talk about youth league. We should talk about clubs having their own infra. ISL/I-League clubs participating in youth tournaments. Players going out for trials outside of India. AIFF should fix all these issues then maybe we will have a realistic change sooner. Now we do have 3 tier league which we never had in our history. But we need better pool of players, coaches to support it. 

If we are talking of immediate impact. Then we need PIO players and might as well see if any coaches can get the best out of them. If that is not happening I am not sure having a new coach will do to our setup.
    NagendraDeb_Banashindiaindian_goonersouravindiagoalkeepar
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3411 Points
    Igor should go. We need coaches who can work as per Indian limitations.
    Manlo Marquez, Ashely Westwood should be considered.
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    AIFF won't fire him . 
    They'll stick with him till he fails to get us out of the group . 
    No country with real intent would've persisted with such a coach . This is so embarrassing  . 
    goalkeepargiridharan
  • AIFF will not fire him now for sure. They do not have the money to pay his severance package and more importantly AIFF do not have the balls to fire him. 
    I would want a new coach without the ISL experience and definitely do not want a European coach. I want someone from Japan or Korea.
    debarghya89goalkeepargiridharansouravindia
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Our arrogant players need a no nonsense coach like Westwood . Someone who make the players stand in a line . You can't be free with these players . They have no intent or passion. 

indian_goonerdeepak dedhagiridharan
    edited March 28
    Our arrogant players need a no nonsense coach like Westwood . Someone who make the players stand in a line . You can't be free with these players . They have no intent or passion. 

I can totally see Ashley give a farewell match to SC and chop him. But we honestly need good coach with a lot of technical acumen as well. I wanted AIFF to appoint an astute sporting/technical director alongside new coach who has the vision for how we want to play and choose the right players for the team. It is not Stimac's role to go visit Minerva or other place and say I am looking into infrastructure blah blah. We need a director driving all the off field progress like grassroots, running academies ensuring their progress. Building coach base for all our youth national teams. Coach should just focus on winning games. Unfortunately we give complete control to head coaches which has it's own repercussions. 
    Ronnyindian_gooner
    A classic example is the English national team. They are still not a world beater but become a respectable opponent because they had to overhaul their national team chaos. They had the so called golden generation, where each players had big say and they still remained in division based on their club associations/rivalry. They started with hiring Dan Ashworth who made the point of building team identity and building all youth coaches and promoting Gareth who was kind of an unknown seeing the right fit. Gareth started by removing all the senior players and handing all young players a debut. Still they are one of the younger teams.
    It does not stop there they were trying to get their training programs across all youth teams organized by building the training center and having a vision for all year programs for youth teams. Modern football we need to adapt to new things. This is very much applicable to our national team scenario we are very much having similar problems. We are also building a national center. We need a guy with vision driving all these programs with in the country. Preferably an Indian guy to whom the coach should report to.
    indian_gooner
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    We need Khalid Jamil, period. 
    goalkeepar
    Our flaws are so big I don't think Khalid Jamil can fix it now. One man cannot fix the whole process. That is my opinion. It will be like a movie highly doubt that changing our fortunes.
    goalkeepar
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    edited March 30
    Our flaws are so big I don't think Khalid Jamil can fix it now. One man cannot fix the whole process. That is my opinion. It will be like a movie highly doubt that changing our fortunes.
    Correct. Ideally GoI should dissolve AIFF and all State FAs, let FIFA ban us for a couple of years. Anyway, we arent doing anything right at any level, so no FOMO factor. Stop all leagues at all levels for 2 years. A total flush out of the system is required, all current players at all age groups needs to go. All coaches currently employed needs to go. Ban football in Indian effectively for 2 years. Use this period to clean up the system and start afresh. Privatize AIFF and kick away all ex players and politicians from the system for good. IMO, this is the only proper way to start afresh, everything else will be an eyewash. 
    deepak dedhaNagendragoalkeeparathi_bheekaran