New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6469 Points
    As dhritiman7 said, 4-4-2 formation needs quality central & defensive mid-fielders and we have only 1 quality player in that spot.

Agree quality of pitches are not good at that time. But not the quality of football, along with Dempo , even teams like Churchill Brothers, Mahindra United & Mohun Bagan used to play well. When we don't have quality midfielders, long balls are one of the good option.

Also agree that few games are scheduled at 2 PM. But I do remember we played games at 4 PM & 6:30 PM.
    thebeautifulgameDeb_Bangoalkeeparashindiagiridharanindian_gooner
  • When Constantine was the coach atleast we thought the better players were not selected in the squad that why we are losing. Here Stimac has the best players (almost) available in squad and he still loses. 

From Saff thread

yes. exactly. well to be honest i thought stephen was not the man to take us into WC. what we wanted from stephen was to pick some deserving players into NT and not to stick around with same set of players. Stimac however is giving chances to many players atleast of what we IFN members always wanted.

Earlier we use to lose against big teams. Now we are struggling to beat small teams. Stephen did knew what Indian players were capable of. So he didn't experimented much.

Chelseafanmunna219777sudheermylankalgiridharanAbhishek
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29620 Points

I would like to train the national team" - FC Goa head coach Manolo Marquez discusses his ambitions to manage India

The Spaniard said during an interaction on Pulsata Dhar and Erik Paartalu’s Off the Pitch podcast:

"I share a very good relationship with Igor Stimac but when he told that he'll leave NT after Asian Cup, I was thinking 'wow', I'd like to take up the job - as I love to work with Indian players."

"The Asian Cup was scheduled to be held in May but then dates changed, I got the chance to coach FC Goa and it was a good challenge for me. Let's see next season. I would like to train the national team," Marquez added.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/indian-football/news-i-like-train-national-team-fc-goa-head-coach-manolo-marquez-discusses-ambitions-manage-india

...........................................................................................................................................................

In the light of Manolo Marquez's comment, do you think that he will be a deserving coach of the National Team?

I know this is a bit premature: Igor Stimac will continue as coach at least until the Asian Cup in 2024 and India has been doing well under him in the recent past, winning the Intercontinental Cup and the SAFF Championship this year

However, Stimac's recent flip-flops regarding continuing as the coach of the NT after the Asian Cup set me wondering!

Manolo Marquez, however, has never coached any national team, though he has been in India for three years and has a feel of the Indian footballing scenario; his development of youngsters like Akash Mishra, Asish Rai, Mohammad Yasir and Hitesh Sharma might come in handy to him

Any thoughts??

ashindiagaffertapeRonnysouravindiaindian_gooner
  • now it's not the time to make changes even after Asian Cup as it will disrupt the NT coaching setup. Since WCQ are already getting started in november and 2 matches would have been played until Asian Cup. The right time to change the coach is to wait until our round 2 WCQ has finished.
    Ronnydeepak dedhasouravindiagiridharanNagendra
    now it's not the time to make changes even after Asian Cup as it will disrupt the NT coaching setup. Since WCQ are already getting started in november and 2 matches would have been played until Asian Cup. The right time to change the coach is to wait until our round 2 WCQ has finished.
    I know that....I am not in favour of making any drastic change in the coaching squad right now

I was simply wondering whether Manolo Marquez would make a good NT coach in some point in the future, given that some of us have often suggested that coaches who have had good track record in coaching teams in the ISL/I-League might be considered for the post of NT coach
    indian_gooner
  • whether Manolo Marquez would make a good NT coach in some point in the future,

yes. in future he should be the topmost preference as he did wonders with the Indian players at HFC. Also would like to see Sergio Lobera and Ivan Vukonamovic in the fray.

gaffertape
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    I hate him for kind of ruining Rohit Danu
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3613 Points
    Ranko Popovic one of the most underrated coaches during the old ISL era. He was a real deal Manager with actual 400 + games experience has become available after 3 years of coaching J2-League side Machida Zelvia He took them to the top of J2 League table. He plays direct possession style and tactically will be an upgrade over Stimac. We should not disrupt the style. We need to build onto our Identity and keep improving in the future. Also, he has coached FC Tokyo, Osaka and Real Zaragoza in top tier before and performed well there as well. He is not even paid as much as Igor Stimac currently. If we don't make it past the group stages after giving an extended camp to Stimac, we should start looking at replacements.
    ashindiagoalkeeparEastBengalPrideindian_gooner
    edited August 2023
    Agree with you @giridharan

We had actually discussed the possibility of Popovic as the NT coach a few years back

https://forum.indianfootballnetwork.com/discussion/1404/new-coach-for-indian-football-team/p76
    giridharangaffertape
  • dreamerdreamer india579 Points
    I expect the NT coach sacking is imminent.
    Who should you expect the next national team coach.
    IMO Park hang Seo or Cesar Farias may be be perfect replacement of the NT coach post.