New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited October 2014
    Ricky Herbert has no idea about Indian football , 1 trip with Wellington Phoenix were they lost to Lajong in preseason Cup finals...followed by finishing last in A-League...
    now he works for an AiFF vice president team...so he becomes NT coach candidate.

No wonder Indian coaches get pissed off with the media and AIFF.
    Such candidates shouldn't even make the short list

Given he doesn't listen to his Indian assistant and isn't making best use of his talents like Boithang Haokip and Len Doungal ( 2 potential Indian team players ) & is using Adinga out of position...as well as persisting with Durgo Bora upfront. ...I hardly think he warrants the job.

Since Prafool Patel has made the job "gora" only...everyone from Arthur Papas types are way ahead of the queue than deserving Indian coaches

What next ??? Scott O'Donnel to be offered the role !!?
    munna219777ashindiakuldeep007
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @rudra How many from the total squad are playing in ISL? Say 20-21 players from that Palestine Friendly.
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    As per TOI Peter Reid has also applied and if a good deal is presented by AIFF to Zico, then even Zico might be interested
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    ricky herbert is pathetic with his tactics, player selections.
    peter i doubt will take the job. he looks like grand pa and he is very much unfamiliar with weather condition( used to take off his shirts during training).
    zico will be a great addition. he will be a part of the isl. so he can watch the players. then after isl he will watch fed cup and i league for rest of the players.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    None of them know about Indian footballers, however Zico has very good knowledge about Asian football having worked for Qtari club, Japan and Iraq. While Peter Reid was coach of Thailand for about an year.
    Please...Ricky Herbert, Zico will finish bottom 4 in ISL
    ashindia
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    One thing I like about peter Reid is that he shown faith in Young Indian players in his team ..

In last match he had 3 Indian players in attack ... We cant judge any coach by 1-2 matches .. Lets whole ISL finsihed first then we will be in better position to judge that which coach will be hest to coach our Indian team
    Peter Reid is old school...very little difference to a Des Bulpin....not modern in thinking or approach...massive step backwards from Wim.
    Speak to people in Thailand FA and you will know
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Westwood is the best bet .Look how he got the best out of not so great indian players in I-League. 
    Don't know much about Reid or Herbert for the case