Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Banning a supporter based club is certainly not the right idea. But AIFF needs to take a stand here. A message needs to be sent across that one or two club officials' whims would not decide how the league is run, that the rules laid out are not just for formality. 

Remember this year when Scottish FA banned Rangers who had to start afresh from 3rd Division. Only Celtic probably matches the importance of Rangers in SPL, but they had to show them that everyone needs to toe the line else fall off.

Had Mohun Bagan lifted the team immediately after Rahim Nabi was injured, there would have been no issues at all. But they brought in a replacement for him and played in the injury time. Clearly, the 'idea' of security lapse cropped up in their mind when they started thinking about how MB sans Odafa and Nabi are going to lose to EB.

It was a shrewd and cunning move by the official and I am sure in connivance with Karim Chacha who had to save his ass, a mutually benificial decision for both of them.

Ten Action video footage at HT shows the crowd was in control and calm. The concern was not genuine.

But the ban should be just for this I-league which will automatically mean that they start from Div 2 next year.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

> nameWTHeld said:
    > Banning a supporter based club is certainly not the right idea. But AIFF needs to take a stand here. A message needs to be sent across that one or two club officials' whims would not decide how the league is run, that the rules laid out are not just for formality. 

Remember this year when Scottish FA banned Rangers who had to start afresh from 3rd Division. Only Celtic probably matches the importance of Rangers in SPL, but they had to show them that everyone needs to toe the line else fall off.

Had Mohun Bagan lifted the team immediately after Rahim Nabi was injured, there would have been no issues at all. But they brought in a replacement for him and played in the injury time. Clearly, the 'idea' of security lapse cropped up in their mind when they started thinking about how MB sans Odafa and Nabi are going to lose to EB.

It was a shrewd and cunning move by the official and I am sure in connivance with Karim Chacha who had to save his ass, a mutually benificial decision for both of them.

Ten Action video footage at HT shows the crowd was in control and calm. The concern was not genuine.

But the ban should be just for this I-league which will automatically mean that they start from Div 2 next year.

..perfectly summarised!!..totally agree that it was a cunning and calculate dmove by MB officials to escpae teh fans wrath..only problem is they went to far.. their actions afte rteh incident of playing for a few mionutes and teh Ten action video evidence does not lie..MB is caught with the Pants down in full public view.. Its sad that  a few MB officials  have disgraced this Proud Club.

Novy has his opinion..I have not read teh article but does he provide a soultion to this?..Also it does not mena  MB can do what they want..it will be a slap on the face for AIFF, which club will fear/care for AIff actions after this..Instead on imroving football it will deteriorate the standards.

..Also AFC will not take it lightly if AIFF does not implement the rules.

• Rangers were not relegated. They were forcibly disolved due to non-payment of debts. The new Rangers (NewCo Rangers FC) were placed in the 3rd Division despite them wanting to join the SPL. They were put in the 3rd Division because this was a new club and new company.

Anyway, if the AIFF really wanted to show an example then get rid of the clubs that fail the minimum requirements for the AFC Licence. Clubs like Air India and ONGC should be gone but the AIFF dont have the courage to do it despite threatening all the time!
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2012

Arsenalkid700 said: >>

Anyway, if the AIFF really wanted to show an example then get rid of the clubs that fail the minimum requirements for the AFC Licence. Clubs like Air India and ONGC should be gone but the AIFF dont have the courage to do it despite threatening all the time!

ARROWS TOO!

• > Joyptan said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said: >>
    > Anyway, if the AIFF really wanted to show an example then get rid of the clubs that fail the minimum requirements for the AFC Licence. Clubs like Air India and ONGC should be gone but the AIFF dont have the courage to do it despite threatening all the time!
    >
    >
    > ARROWS TOO!

Agree but they are temporary (so we are told) and should be disolved by 2015-16.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited December 2012

If we follow the Punishments to Clubs for Crowd Trouble: 

1. A Heavy Fine
    2. Points Deduction
    3. NO CROWD ENTRY FOR MATCHES

i feel MB cant escape the punishment but all 3 punishment together for this season should be enough.....

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

archak
    If we follow the Punishments to Clubs for Crowd Trouble: 

1. A Heavy Fine
    2. Points Deduction
    3. NO CROWD ENTRY FOR MATCHES

i feel MB cant escape the punishment but all 3 punishment together for this season should be enough.....

Agree

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

i dont know.... for me banning looks harsh...

i would say a 10-20 point deduction is fair enough as you cant blame MB fully for the scenario...

but MB fighting out the case has made the issue more complex for them to stay in the league...