Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> shankar said:
    > > rudra said:
    > >

there is no top side in indian football..its relative..we follow it so say this and that team is great, but for people without much interest, all teams are shit (that is TRUE), so only derby makes sense not because of the quality but the tension, pride and associated factor.

>
    >

i guess kolkatta people do know about prayag united, dempo and churchill at least..
    you could add pune fc little bit given their fame for work off the field
    they could promote these matches at least...
    it is just these clubs reluctance which makes everyone point out at fans more for poor turnout...

Its not about knowing...the point is I League or any indian football league have quaality, star power or packaging to add value for any general fan...

• Is NVD co sponsor of mb?

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> rudra said:
    > > 

Its not about knowing...the point is I League or any indian football league have quaality, star power or packaging to add value for any general fan...

the quality cant be raised in a day... and also if they know they dont have ability to fill then why play in huge stadiums??
    still i say do some promotion the fans could fill the stands 

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> shankar said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > > 

the quality cant be raised in a day... and also if they know they dont have ability to fill then why play in huge stadiums??
    still i say do some promotion the fans could fill the stands 

because that is the playable stadium in calcutta and it is a ccalcutta team (if i remember correctly)...they used to play in their own stadium also, but thats banned

>
    >

• To be honest, Kalyani is only said to be an hour away from Kolkata.

How much of a problem is that for people in Kolkata to drive up here? I am guessing it is different from America because I have to drive 45 minutes each day to practice and 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to Red Bull Arena for MLS matches.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > To be honest, Kalyani is only said to be an hour away from Kolkata.

How much of a problem is that for people in Kolkata to drive up here? I am guessing it is different from America because I have to drive 45 minutes each day to practice and 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to Red Bull Arena for MLS matches.

Please dont compare Kolkata and america....Kalyani is very far, esp. for a football match. How many followers have cars? then the petrol costs? to reach kalyani by local trains it takes almost a hour + count the travellling time to reach station and stadium etc. also travelling in local trains are a pain, so after 6 days of hard work, if i expect them to travel all the way to kalyani then ....... the kalyani crowd is chiefly composed of locals and associated suburbs, who came to there as they never get chance.... but a kolkata club asking its local fans to watch them by going outside is too much.

(I myself studied very close to Kalyani, so have some idea)
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

And i agree with what @rudra said. I myself live probably just 25 - 30 km away from kalyani. But traveling there is a pain for me,because of bad transportation.

• > rudra said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > To be honest, Kalyani is only said to be an hour away from Kolkata.

>
    >

Please dont compare Kolkata and america....Kalyani is very far, esp. for a football match. How many followers have cars? then the petrol costs? to reach kalyani by local trains it takes almost a hour + count the travellling time to reach station and stadium etc. also travelling in local trains are a pain, so after 6 days of hard work, if i expect them to travel all the way to kalyani then ....... the kalyani crowd is chiefly composed of locals and associated suburbs, who came to there as they never get chance.... but a kolkata club asking its local fans to watch them by going outside is too much.

(I myself studied very close to Kalyani, so have some idea)

Personally I call what you said about the comparison between Kalyani and the US (New York) to be bullshit because everything you described is completely equal to what I deal with and what many people in New York (Tri-Area) deal with. Red Bull Arena is only 30 minutes away from me but it takes an hour and 30 minutes to get there. That should tell you something. 

Petrol costs? Mate, we deal with the same thing here. Costs here are so high that protests against them happen. Local trains? Mate, you have no idea. Try going on a train for a weekday game in the US. Rush-hour people, workers coming from the city back to their home in the suburbs. It is hell. Plus Red Bull Arena and stadiums around it are located in very dubious places. Mugging, robberies, murders are frequent if you are not careful. 

So ya, again, I am comparing America and Kalyani (well New York) because there is a comparison to be made. Not because there is not. And I have been to India FYI so I understand the road system as well, maybe not as well, but I understand the gist of it. 
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@Arsenalkid700 u should try someday "Bongao Local" or "Gede Local" trainr in bengal ur defination of hell will change dramaticaly.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

He should try mumbai local in peak hours. But I feel happy that someone says that India is equal to US. I'm elated