Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Domnic
    He should try mumbai local in peak hours. But I feel happy that someone says that India is equal to US. I'm elated

Then NY rush hour trains whould fell like walk in the park to him.

• > Joyptan said:
    > > Domnic
    > > He should try mumbai local in peak hours. But I feel happy that someone says that India is equal to US. I'm elated
    >
    >
    >
    > Then NY rush hour trains whould fell like walk in the park to him.

Not really. I took the Mumbai local at rush hour over there and it was not easy at all but it was the same as New York.

To put it in perspective. I have taken trains in rush hour in Mumbai, Delhi, and Pune. They are all the same as New York.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Joyptan said:
    > > > Domnic
    > > > He should try mumbai local in peak hours. But I feel happy that someone says that India is equal to US. I'm elated
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Then NY rush hour trains whould fell like walk in the park to him.
    >
    >

Not really. I took the Mumbai local at rush hour over there and it was not easy at all but it was the same as New York.

To put it in perspective. I have taken trains in rush hour in Mumbai, Delhi, and Pune. They are all the same as New York.

WOW
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

'Bonga Local' is the most dreaded one. Mumbai local, i travel everyday, is nothin. The very name of 'Bonga' inspires fear and loathing among the most fearless of passangers...

• > nameWTHeld said:
    > 'Bonga Local' is the most dreaded one. Mumbai local, i travel everyday, is nothin. The very name of 'Bonga' inspires fear and loathing among the most fearless of passangers...

Why? Can I have a more vivid description instead of "WOW".

nameWTHeld
    'Bonga Local' is the most dreaded one. Mumbai local, i travel everyday, is nothin. The very name of 'Bonga' inspires fear and loathing among the most fearless of passangers...

I thought Mumbai Local is the most congested.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

nameWTHeld said:

For regular user it becomes a routine kind off. But for people who visit from other states the mumbai local is a harrowing experience. Most important is your sense of positioning inside the train or else you could be flushed out at the wrong station.

@kid. How many people travel hanging from the entrance of train in NY. Here we have 10 people at each entrance clinging on to dear life on a few fingers. How many people in NY travel by sitting on the roof of the train. Well you will see that too mumbai. And how many people stand on the window pane on the outside of the train and hold on to a small channel at the roof meant for draining rain water(you need to imagine this last situation to figure out).

You have not seen anything my friend. NY travel is 100000000 times better.

• I experienced that on my trip to Beas, Punjab in 2009. Well, not directly to Beas. I forget what city we stopped in before driving over to Beas. 

In terms of comparison. We do have instances of some people clinging to side of the door (inside) but never on top of the train due to the low tunnels. So ya, I would say based on that New York is a little better but not by a lot.

Separate question:
    What if India's cricket team was playing in Kalyani (hypothetical) how many would go see it from Kolkata?
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Cricket will take place once in 6 months or even a year. Whereas here we are talking about travelling 3-4 times a month.

Indian cricket team is our national team not some club team. If indian football team playes in kalyani i whould brave any bongao or mumbai local to reach there.