Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• I can only imagine the waves going around the stadium. I was there for what many thought was Henry's last game at the Emirates in August 2011 when the NY Red Bulls played against Arsenal in a pre-season match. That was an intense match.
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited May 2012
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Hey @Projenator are you going to the match tomorrow. If so can you get a pic of Barreto that I can use for wikipedia. Maybe like when Barreto gets subbed off and he claps for all the fans or when the game is over and he waves for the fans one last time.

<br><br>will try for sure and will get it most prolly but can't promise anything, with close to a hundred thousand in attendance (and they will be very emotionally charged, hence not the most disciplined). <br><br>ALSO NOT SURE IF TEN ACTION PLUS WILL COVER THE ENTIRE THING, those who don't HAVE NEWS TIME might want to check on YUPP TV, if they have a high speed internet connection. While the game starts 3:30 pm IST, the events are slated to start around 2:50 pm IST.  The post match events when Barretto will do the lap around the stadium etc. will probably not be covered by ten action plus, thought I mention just in case they don't cover.<br>
  • projenator wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Hey @Projenator are you going to the match tomorrow. If so can you get a pic of Barreto that I can use for wikipedia. Maybe like when Barreto gets subbed off and he claps for all the fans or when the game is over and he waves for the fans one last time.

<br><br>will try for sure and will get it most prolly but can't promise anything, with close to a hundred thousand in attendance (and they will be very emotionally charged, hence not the most disciplined). <br><br>ALSO NOT SURE IF TEN ACTION PLUS WILL COVER THE ENTIRE THING, those who don't HAVE NEWS TIME might want to check on YUPP TV, if they have a high speed internet connection. While the game starts 3:30 pm IST, the events are slated to start around 2:50 pm IST.  The post match events when Barretto will do the lap around the stadium etc. will probably not be covered by ten action plus, thought I mention just in case they don't cover.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>lol, expected :)</div><div><br></div><div>I can probably find a stream. The website I use gives me both News Time and sometimes TEN Action.</div>
    edited May 2012
    <div class="Message">
    <span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">
    ;<br><a href="http://indianfootballnetwork.com/profile/rudra"; rel="nofollow">rudra</a>
    said:Its shameful that just because EB has opened a football school,
    some members started saying they are lightyears ahead of Mohun Bagan as
    if EB football school has already given us 100s of cadets. MB runs an
    academy, which may not be good but atleast it has given us few good
    players (ZERO productivity???WTF)...MB football schools are also
    there...ofcourse u guys have seen this - <br></span><a rel="nofollow" href="http://mohunbaganforyouth.com/"; style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">http://mohunbaganforyouth.com/</a><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Yet
    it doesn't strike how many clubs maintain dedicated websites for youth,
    and yet people say professionalism involves website making, facebook,
    twitter publicity etc. Clear examples of double standards</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Clearly
    there are multiple youth football programs and residential academies MB
    is making, but even so called MB fans seems to be unaware of this, what
    a shame is that.....</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;"><br><br></span><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">I
    will sound like a hypocrite here but ya Facebook, youtube dont
    precisely mean professional but in 2012 every top flight club should
    have one within 2 years of them entering the league. Need to reach more
    with fans. As for Bagan. Can someone tell me how to find there youth
    site via there website, I found it but it took awhile. They could have
    made it easier by providing a link on the homepage.</span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small;">As
    for EB overrated I do agree and yes I was one of them. Some of use just
    look at the facts about the place and bam... it is the best,<br><br>
    ;<br><br>MOHUN BAGAN FOOTBALL SCHOOL WEBSITE<br><br>http://mohunbaganforyouth.com/index.php/<br><br>MOHUN BAGAN ACADEMY WEBSITE<br><br>http://www.mbsfa.org/<br><br><br><br></span></div>; </div>

@Admin Can you please get the quoted section in blue background ?
    edited May 2012
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150901738261265.475574.604596264&type=1<br><br>BARRETTO'S LAST PRACTICE, please click on the above link for the entire album. The album is courtesy MB Fans club Sabuj Maroon Swapno.<br>
  • projenator wrote:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150901738261265.475574.604596264&type=1<br><br>BARRETTO'S LAST PRACTICE, please click on the above link for the entire album. The album is courtesy MB Fans club Sabuj Maroon Swapno.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>I was more focused on the ground and how if the Mohun Bagan officials just decided to do a little renovation on the ground and just clean the stands, cut the inside pitch bushes and also cleaned that dirt from the outside of the ground that the stadium could potentially really host Mohun Bagan I-League matches regularly. You dont need bucket seats, just nice, clean, silver benches for the fans to sit on. Would make for an amazing atmosphere and with the Elite Football League of India making those lines on the Salt Lake pitch it would make the Mohun Bagan pitch better than the Salt Lake one.</div>
    edited May 2012
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <br><div><br></div><div>I was more focused on the ground and how if the Mohun Bagan officials just decided to do a little renovation on the ground and just clean the stands, cut the inside pitch bushes and also cleaned that dirt from the outside of the ground that the stadium could potentially really host Mohun Bagan I-League matches regularly. You dont need bucket seats, just nice, clean, silver benches for the fans to sit on. Would make for an amazing atmosphere and with the Elite Football League of India making those lines on the Salt Lake pitch it would make the Mohun Bagan pitch better than the Salt Lake one.</div>

<br><br>To be able to understand Mohun Bagan and its problems or the recently undertaken projects etc. a sneak peak into the background of the officials is very very important.  The current crop of MB officials are more of the typical Indian neta mould (not the corporate honcho like a Dempo Srinivasan or Mr. Piramal ). They are very wealthy, politically well connected, frequently head abroad on VACATION with their entire clan ( that they travel abroad only on vacation is important ) but have never lived abroad or are interested in the inner workings of a westernized society.<br><br>Such a person would have been overawed by the plush infrastructure abroad and is under the impression that their ENTIRE SUCCESS IS BECAUSE OF THE INFRASTRUCTURE, which it is not. They also have robust SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES in place, which they are updating and innovating regularly depending on the changing environment, market etc.  That means, they really don't understand the need of a proper recruiting framework or an academy supply line, more so the former. They still indulge in arbitrary recruiting practices, focusing more on STAR material as opposed to recruiting based on a thorough performance analysis of their targets over a reasonable period of time. These are also people who strongly believe that money can buy everything which it can't. While funds are important, vision, formalized policies, processes, hiring the right people etc. etc are equally important. <br><br>All that being said, I am hoping it's making more sense to you now as to where exactly they still have a 20th century mindset. If not, please don't hesitate to ask.  Their latest fancy is investing in cutting edge infrastructure (you know the prodigal kids' fancying the newest toys available, something similar), which is good but is ALL OF IT A NECESSITY at this very point of time ? NO. Also, you know the way it works in India, once funds are available, you build a hell lot and then for the next couple decades, you show that off to the world, the culture of continuous upgrade is lacking, you know what I mean. MB is plush with funds from the state government presently and it's not a bad idea to invest as much of it as possible in building world class infrastructure, something is better than nothing, right.  The kind of defense they have recruited for the next season, and if they don't get a really good guy for the foreign midfielder and the uncertainty there is about the coaching staff etc., I personally don't see MB doing much better coming season. I don't see them winning the I league coming season, no way. If they can win the Federation cup, that would at least be reasonable success to boot.  At least the world class infrastructure will be the talking point and something to showcase for the fans. I hope you get the drift. Given its more than a century old history, the culture at the club is very complex and it's very challenging explaining everything in a couple posts.<br>
  • You already made that point out to me but as everyone on here knows, if I see something I will type about it. I was just saying as all. We are years away from super revamps of the Mohun Bagan Ground and a modern day mindset at the club, the fact they have a modern day website still surprises me to this very day! <div><br></div><div>You are right also that Bagan will probably not win the I-League next season even if they had Tolgay and Odafe. Number 1 we dont even know whether they can click or not. Cesc Fabregas played amazing at Arsenal yet at Barcelona he decreased. Also the lack of defense and goalkeeping recruiting has again been exposed for everyone to see. Also I think judging by this past I-League U20 that the MB-SAIL Academy is a shame. </div><div><br></div><div>I dont expect big things from Bagan straight away. I see Bagan as a team that will progress but at a very, very slow pace which is fine as long as they are improving.</div>
    edited May 2012
    <br>
    arsenalfan wrote:
    You already made that point out to me but as everyone on here knows, if I see something I will type about it. I was just saying as all. We are years away from super revamps of the Mohun Bagan Ground and a modern day mindset at the club, the fact they have a modern day website still surprises me to this very day! <div><br></div><div>You are right also that Bagan will probably not win the I-League next season even if they had Tolgay and Odafe. Number 1 we dont even know whether they can click or not. Cesc Fabregas played amazing at Arsenal yet at Barcelona he decreased. Also the lack of defense and goalkeeping recruiting has again been exposed for everyone to see. Also I think judging by this past I-League U20 that the MB-SAIL Academy is a shame. <br><br>Finally the websites are courtesy MB FAN'S CLUBS, their labor of love towards the club<br></div><div><br></div><div>I dont expect big things from Bagan straight away. I see Bagan as a team that will progress but at a very, very slow pace which is fine as long as they are improving.</div>

<br><br>The ground will definitely have a new look with folding bucket seats, dressing rooms, flood lights by the start of the coming season, not the most cutting edge but decent, I guess.<br><br>Yes, the mindset will be very slow in changing, the fans club folks are doing a hell lot but the officials only intake about 10% of the feedback.<br><br>Goalkeeping is ok, prolly low on experience with the exit of Sangram but I think if Arindam regains form and can soak in big match pressure, we fans won't complain. What everyone is concerned about the goalkeepers in the coming season's squad is their lack of experience in high pressure games like the derby.  Shilton makes a mess of the derbies, Arindam has no experience whatsoever having played in goa, Naveen is still worse. <br><br>The U20 I league had a lot of over age players. I know for sure EB fielded a hell lot of overage players like Jayanta Paul, Budhiram Tudu, Pankaj MOula and the like, I mean some of them are touching 25.  Prayag academy although not as fancy is more effective than MB's.  In fact Prayag is the only Calcutta (will move out to Siliguri coming season) team with a professional mindset.<br>