Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    <div>He wasnt really a legend though like Barreto. Sangram was more of a David Seaman of Mohun Bagan. Not the best keeper but a loyal one. Maybe they should make the match at Nepal his farewell.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Point taken, cannot agree more but a couple considerations, if I may.</div><div><br></div><div>1. Amidst all the fan fare towards Barretto's farewell, won't it attract attention, like it did mine ?</div><div>2. How expensive is it to do something little, may be just cut a cake with both Barretto and Sangram's name over it, at least the fans club could do that, right ??</div>
    Subrata clarifies "lack of man management" aspersions in a tell all interview (its in Bengali, sorry !!!)<br>
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    projenator wrote:
    dip_anj wrote:
    projenator wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    archak wrote:
    I want to know on your opinion on this..... i recently went to apply for an official mb membership.... they told me it would cost me rs 20000.....
    i felt it was too costly

<br><div><br></div><div>Given that most MB football supporters are from middle class and lower middle class families this is indeed very high. I guess they dont want every one to get it...</div><div><br></div><div>@archak is it life membership? can u elaborate the terms bit more</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Most supporters are from middle to lower middle class but club members, hell no.  A big section are from the rich class, no wonder the financial muscle.</div>

This is not entirely true.Most of the old members are from middle class/lower middle class only who got their membership long back.There is a cap of 7k members guideline set by army.In case of any demise of an existing member or cancellation of membership a slot gets vacant for new members.The membership fees thus set at an amount which is out of reach of most of the supporters, because MB club cannot allow any number of members if they wish to until and unless they switch the club premises to self owned land.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>TOTALLY AGREE, but unfortunately that's like stating the RULEBOOK, what's on pen and paper, please accept my sincere apologies for misrepresenting FACTS so much was I pre occupied at painting the ground reality. I know a lot of these so called middle/lower middle class members and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the extent of their involvement in any kind of decision making involved towards running the club.</div>

Except Anjan DD tumpai and their close circle (which is very few in numbers) no one has any kind of decision making power.Yes that 7k members limits are not strictly followed if you approach through right channel.But the intent is to give membership to only those who would vote for certain people in election.That is the only power of members.<br>
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    archak wrote:
    @projenator can you provide more details of why the army not allowing more than 7k members

MB or EB members gallery can not afford more than that.this is another reason.<br>
    Mohun Bagan Football school completes one full year of operation.<br>
  • Good job. Cant see the video but good that Bagan have a football school. Most of those kids wont be pros but 100% will be Bagan fans when they grow up.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Good job. Cant see the video but good that Bagan have a football school. Most of those kids wont be pros but 100% will be Bagan fans when they grow up.

<br><br>Interesting, why can't you see the video ? At least you can understand Barreto speak in English, or is it technological ? I am using firefox on ubuntu linux and i can see it.<br>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    projenator wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Good job. Cant see the video but good that Bagan have a football school. Most of those kids wont be pros but 100% will be Bagan fans when they grow up.

<br><br>Interesting, why can't you see the video ? At least you can understand Barreto speak in English, or is it technological ? I am using firefox on ubuntu linux and i can see it.<br>

<br><div>maybe blocked in his school</div>
  • usaindia wrote:
    projenator wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:

<br><div>maybe blocked in his school</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>No, I can see it but if I watch then my teacher would have noticed and you know what happens.</div>