Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > MB and EB control all of West Bengal it seems. What area of West Bengal is FULL Prayag United (if any)?

Also @Projenator to me you have the most knowledge about West Bengal football out of all of us so what is your opinion on Prayag United proposed move to Siliguri? Would it work?

Prayag don't have much of a fan base other than areas near Kalyani, no wonder the most recent talks are of using the wonderful Kalyani stadium as their home ground. Also they are very rightly poaching on the MB fan base given the current situation at MB as long as those inept officials keep on getting elected every three years. Their fan club is being run by some fans who are frustrated with the way MB is being run.

The biggest priority for Prayag at this moment is to do well in I league since they failed to make a mark in the Fed cup. Given the very similar approach of blaming the coach for the debacle by the current sponsors, doesn't bode well at all for them in the long run. Sanjay Sen is under immense pressure and if he doesn't win the first couple games in the I league, he might as well be sacked. The club administrators have a very similar attitude to that of Dempo but the sponsors want quick results, which might be very well lead to their downfall.

• A) If that is true then I dont see Prayag winning. Changing of coaches will lead to more player unrest and more bad results on the pitch. The Prayag officials need to look at the best teams in the world. Arsenal, Manchester United, Spain, Chelsea (now), Manchester City (now), Barcelona. Keep the coach and you will do well.

However, I wont mind Prayag firing Sanjoy Sen. He never seemed like the coach to deal well in big situations (much like how Santosh Kashyap is now being looked at). Prayag should get the next coach (probably foreign) and be patient. 

B) If what your saying about Prayag United's fans are true wouldn't that mean that as soon as Bagan start doing well again that they will move back to Bagan or is there hope.

C) I am not keen on Kalyani (to close to Kolkata to me) but fine. Also the Kalyani Stadium is nothing compared to the Siliguri Stadium.
  • Protest by fans at Silliguri

imageimageimageimageimage
  • I must say that this is amazing from Bagan fans. Peaceful protests are always fine, specially with the way this club is ran. I really do hope that this could make a difference with the club. Sadly I dont feel that will happen.

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited September 2012

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > I must say that this is amazing from Bagan fans. Peaceful protests are always fine, specially with the way this club is ran. I really do hope that this could make a difference with the club. Sadly I dont feel that will happen.

Replacing the officials with more capable ones is difficult but at least this is a signal to the officials to wake up from their slumber because the fans are beginning to raise a united voice against them and this is only going to gain more momentum.

Also a silver lining in the crowd for teams like Prayag run on a corporate model that if they get their act right and are successful, there will be no dearth of support for them.  Prayag needs to at least have half the success Dempo has to have a decent fan following. Their team should have made it to the semis of the Fed cup but I am not sure what happened since none of the group league games were telecasted.

• > projenator said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > I must say that this is amazing from Bagan fans. Peaceful protests are always fine, specially with the way this club is ran. I really do hope that this could make a difference with the club. Sadly I dont feel that will happen.
    >
    >

Replacing the officials with more capable ones is difficult but at least this is a signal to the officials to wake up from their slumber because the fans are beginning to raise a united voice against them

Also a silver lining in the crowd for teams like Prayag run on a corporate model that if they get their act right and are successful, there will be no dearth for support for them.  Prayag need to at least have half the success Dempo has to have a decent fan following. Their team should have made it to the semis of the Fed cup but I am not sure what happened since none of the group league games were telecasted.

Well it was not an easy group. Salgaocar are always trouble, as are Pune FC on there day. United Sikkim was the easy one. For me, if I was part of Prayag Group I would attack the Siliguri area right now, draw them with the fans. Mohun Bagan have a horrible wound and Prayag should make it worse.

As for Bagan, I feel this is the start of something. From what I have seen from when protests occur at the Mohun Bagan tent it is obvious that this is all about trophies now. A trophy-less season for Manchester United is okay, we will do it next year but for Bagan it is not. Now back in the day when it was just Mohun Bagan, East Bengal, and Mohammedan (with JCT, Dempo, Churchill and Mahindra being the little children) Bagan can go trophy-less one season and easily come back up but today that is much, much harder. Bagan need to deal with Prayag, Bengal, Dempo, Salgaocar, Churchill and also Pune, Shillong stopping them. Its much harder and the club will not see many trophies as they used to with this management in charge. They need to either change there ways and completely reorganized there club to modern standards (J.League type etc) or change people. I would go with the changing to modern standards as easier.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Mb's asst coach bernerd's regignetion letter has been accepted by officials.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Mohun Bagan Squad Analysis 2012-13

www.liveindianfootball.netne.net/mohun-bagan-team-analysis-2012-13

• Jose Ramirez Barreto travelling by a local train on his way back from Ranaghat, where he played a CFL game against Kalighat  for his present club. He scored one and assisted in the other. Bhowanipore won 2-1

Hope the current crop of players take a cue from the wonderful human being Barreto is