Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Soccerlover said:
    > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > @Soccerlover How about you piss off. Seriously now. I know you dont like Santosh but be like Proj and be mature about it!
    > >
    > >

Well said! 

:D

So, what wud be the scoreline 2mrw? It seems, now the race is btwn MFC and MB (and your fav club AI) for the relegation zone!!!!

>
    >

A loss for Mohun Bagan. Dude, go on Mohun Bagan's website. Look at your team. Tell me if it is Santosh Kashyaps fault. Your team is not looking good. Besides Odafe, Ozbey, Raja, Arnab I dont see much in terms of a capable team for the title.

Wudnt agree with you.I think the team is more balanced than the previous 2 years' as I have been saying all along. U have Nirmal Chhetri, Rahim Nabi as seasoned campaigner. That apart, u have Biswajit Saha (left back)who is immensely talented, Aibor( who can play both as a side back and stopper). The problem is MB doesn't have any creative midfielder who can create moves for the strikers( I have been saying this from day 1 of this season - see my previous comments). And hence I was not in favour of Stanley - MB has wasted a foreigner quota over there. Even the defender - Eche - he also is a waste. Actually MB is playing with 2 foreigners, rest(atleast Stanley) are recruited on the behest of Odafa. I was always apprehensive about Denson - and I understand MB have spent a significant amount in signing him, while they could not retain the most consistent defender of last year(Kingshuk)! The wing halves are good - Manish Bhargav is talented. But u have to have someone who can control midfield/game (the last of the lot to have played for MB was Marcos Periera and see the results of MB during that time) The problem is Anjan and Debasish have no knowledge about football and extremely arrogant and brash in their approach - they fuckn do not learn from mistakes - which clearly shows they have vested interest and that should be investigated upon...
    This apart, Santosh has had enough opportunity to build the right combination, which he hasn't. That clearly shows his inexperience in handling big assignment. Can u imagine, he bloody starts with the passenger Rakesh Masih in place of young Jewel Raja and that to against the fleet footed Shillong???? His match reading is extremely poor...even a 3rd Divn coach of Kolkata has better understanding than him.

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited October 2012

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Soccerlover said:
    > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > @Soccerlover How about you piss off. Seriously now. I know you dont like Santosh but be like Proj and be mature about it!
    > >
    > >

Well said! 

So, what wud be the scoreline 2mrw? It seems, now the race is btwn MFC and MB (and your fav club AI) for the relegation zone!!!!

>
    >

A loss for Mohun Bagan. Dude, go on Mohun Bagan's website. Look at your team. Tell me if it is Santosh Kashyaps fault. Your team is not looking good. Besides Odafe, Ozbey, Raja, Arnab I dont see much in terms of a capable team for the title.

I am afraid the first team Santosh is contemplating (from what he played in practice) is kinda scary.  He had Sabeeth in the left flank (Sabeeth is zero with this left foot ), Maithani on the right.  Why not Fela, Arjun Chatterjee( given Bhargav is recuperating from dengue and he was in the second team at practice) on the left and right ?  or play Bhargav for the last half hour. Masih from the practice reports seems a non starter but Kashyap already earned a reputation of surprising everyone (including the players) with his starting eleven.

Kashyap attended AI practice yesterday and in spite of all his tips, AI lost to Pailan.

• Never ever seen in Calcutta, be it foreign coach or Indian coach, don't they say there's a first time for everything, this is modern coaching, maybe, we are outdated, what else can we say ?

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

Santosh plays 4-4-2 in practice and then suddenly played 4-2-3-1 in last match! But we can't blame him coz he did so well with AI!!! Haha

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

btw this is the most balanced MB squad in last 2-3 years...in terms of foreigners it is top heavy, but other positions have very good India players

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

yet more bad news for mb j. raja got injured in todays practice. He stil might(have to) play tomorrow.

• > projenator said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Soccerlover said:
    > > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > > @Soccerlover How about you piss off. Seriously now. I know you dont like Santosh but be like Proj and be mature about it!
    > > >
    > > >

Well said! 

> >
    > >

I am afraid the first team Santosh is contemplating (from what he played in practice) is kinda scary.  He had Sabeeth in the left flank (Sabeeth is zero with this left foot ), Maithani on the right.  Why not Fela, Arjun Chatterjee( given Bhargav is recuperating from dengue and he was in the second team at practice) on the left and right ?  or play Bhargav for the last half hour. Masih from the practice reports seems a non starter but Kashyap already earned a reputation of surprising everyone (including the players) with his starting eleven.

Kashyap attended AI practice yesterday and in spite of all his tips, AI lost to Pailan.

>
    >

He is actually trying to make his way back to AI, knowing well that his days are numbered in MB. Smart chap. kuchh na kuchh jugaad kar leta apne liye...! :D

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited October 2012

Kashyap had a long chat with Koevermans during the Arrows game, they exchanged phone numbers as well (videos to be posted tomorrow), hopefully Kashyap will be guided by Wim (phone coaching maybe ??) since he doesn't have much to learn from any Indian coach (Beginning of season, he was given the choice to work with a TD, and he made it clear that he wouldn't work with anyone Indian). Hopefully we will see better team combination further on, not sure how player potential will be judged though, will team practice be videoed and emailed to Wim for advise ??? MORAL OF THE STORY : CAN'T DO IT YOURSELF, GET IT DONE ELECTRONICALLY, LET JUGAAD BE YOUR WAY OUT.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

Well, I dont see anything bad there. If he has declined to accept an Indian TD, that is not so bad. Howmuchever we talk about our glorious past and all, we have to accept that no Indian coach has has the up to date technical knowhow of the world football; at least not the arrogant ones who refuse to get trained and license for their ego. And Wim is definitely at a place from whom advice can be taken. Nothing bad in it. Rather it shows that the coach is eager to learn

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> nameWTHeld said:
    > Well, I dont see anything bad there. If he has declined to accept an Indian TD, that is not so bad. Howmuchever we talk about our glorious past and all, we have to accept that no Indian coach has has the up to date technical knowhow of the world football; at least not the arrogant ones who refuse to get trained and license for their ego. And Wim is definitely at a place from whom advice can be taken. Nothing bad in it. Rather it shows that the coach is eager to learn

You should see Bhowmick's game plan. I don't see any difference from 'modern world football' tactics, only difference is that he may not have all kinds of players to execute what he wants, but is really demeaning to say Indian coaches dont have any know how...yes I agree that the numbers are very less.

Although I also dont see much wrong in exchanging notes from Wim, although I dont think Wim will talk about MB tactics, probably talk about potential national team candidates