Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Hey,xtratime has website. I dien't knew it all along.

• Official confirmation

Santosh Kashyap has been sacked following a meeting between MB officials and UB reps. A foreign coach will take charge in a few days time.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

I think the reason why many here think that Santosh Kashyap is not to blame because he took Air India to a respectable position. And so anyone who can suceed with AI is a super coach. But unfortunately, all over the world it has been seen that teh idea that a coach who does well with a smaller/low budget club will do fantastically with a better team and budget is flawed

The conventional idea is that coach X has done so well with less budget, unknown players, so if we give him X+10 CRORES budget and much better individuals then he will do wonders. (Brandon rodgers!!!!)

Unfortunately this has not really worked well in most big leagues of the world, yes I know you can bring many exceptions, but in general this idea has failed more than it has its success. Reason probably is that the strategies which brings a weaker team in top can't put a stronger team on top. There's a fundamental difference on how you handle a weaker vs stronger team (please dont say MB has weaker squad this season - that actually shows ignorance of the poster). So a coach maybe good with air India but may not be good enough for MB...Maybe Kashyap is in that category...

But Kashyap's failure is just tip of the iceberg, the officials are the real culprits, for running the club with an archaic system
  • "The conventional idea is that coach X has done so well with less budget, unknown players, so if we give him X+10 CRORES budget and much better individuals then he will do wonders. (Brandon rodgers!!!!)"

This is not the case. Rodgers has all the control with Liverpool. He is the one who has brought in all the players he wanted. Santosh barely had any say in his squad... unless any of you guys want to say differently now. Technically we still dont know how he would do with a big squad.

Also I dont get that statement because the best coaches in the world came from small clubs. All of them do. Sir Alex came from Aberdeen and Scotland. Arsene Wenger came from Japan. Roberto Martinez came from West Brom and then led Chelsea to a Champions League victory. Yes most fail but that is the game. There are few big clubs in the world but again I dont think Santosh was given a proper chance.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    >
    "The conventional idea is that coach X has done so well with less budget, unknown players, so if we give him X+10 CRORES budget and much better individuals then he will do wonders. (Brandon rodgers!!!!)"

Also I dont get that statement because the best coaches in the world came from small clubs. All of them do. Sir Alex came from Aberdeen and Scotland. Arsene Wenger came from Japan. Roberto Martinez came from West Brom and then led Chelsea to a Champions League victory. Yes most fail but that is the game. There are few big clubs in the world but again I dont think Santosh was given a proper chance.

Read the post again, there's a line exactly for such concerns. Cheers.

• > rudra said:
    >
    > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > >
    "The conventional idea is that coach X has done so well with less budget, unknown players, so if we give him X+10 CRORES budget and much better individuals then he will do wonders. (Brandon rodgers!!!!)"

Read the post again, there's a line exactly for such concerns. Cheers.

>

I saw, and you had a whole paragraph on that. I am just saying that I dont completely understand the first paragraph BECAUSE of the examples around the world.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > ...

Also I dont get that statement because the best coaches in the world came from small clubs. All of them do. Sir Alex came from Aberdeen and Scotland. Arsene Wenger came from Japan. Roberto Martinez came from West Brom and then led Chelsea to a Champions League victory. 

wow...
    Roberto Martinez left West Brom for Chelsea !!
    Last time i was at the Bridge , I saw Roberto Di Matteo who came back to Chelsea via West Brom.....

Martinez , still at Wigan, and a lot of credit that Brendan Rogers earned at Swansea was from piggy-backing on the good work set up by Martinez at Swansea.

getting back to India and MB... the short-list at the end of the season was David Booth, the former Lajong coach , Reddy and Santosh Kashyap . 
    As Booth has no A license ( not renewed his FA License), Kashyap was the obvious choice.

However thye should have opted for a good young coach to train the players to play good football and have a good TD to assist in the media,politics and match day affairs.

Love him or hate him SB is a good tactician but a woeful coach, same practice ( 11 vs 11) every day and very old fashioned methods.

I'd like to see a Barretto being paired up with a good young coach & leading this team through the troubled times.