Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

I can't find a good reason for karim to join mb.

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

The charm of Kolkata fooball. May b thats d reason. When u win, ppl trea u as God. Lose n you wil be loathed. That is y ppl who leave Kolkata always wana come bk

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

Karim always wanted to return to Kolkata(MB) as he felt he had unfinished business there.

Now armed with the best contract in Indian football, he will set about transforming the Club. They can't sack him now and he will get at least 18months to prove himself.
    Having worked with Odafa at Churchill, and developed him, he will get the best out of the ego's too.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Odafa was responsible for Karim's exit from Churchill. They gave Mr. Alemao an ultimatum and told him to choose between either of them. Karim n Odafa were damn against each other. I dont see how Karim can go to MB, unless of course he is shameless or the deal includes that MB drop Odafa next yr.

If Karim gets what he has asked for ($$$) from MB then I don't see the issue, we would all quite gladly leave our current jobs for a similar job that pays VERY very well.
    Players do it, so no reason to begrudge a Coach for doing it.

Odafa will not play for MB after this season, unless he manages to really perform to his previous levels. If KB gets the job ans stays next year , there will be a huge clear out of players.

@gaffertape. How many coaches in this world have gone back to a club from where u were unceremoniously KICKED out. Only a shameless , unethical person without any morality will do this. I have no grudge against him, its just that Karim prooves how cheap a person he is if he joins MB.

• > Domnic said:
    > @gaffertape. How many coaches in this world have gone back to a club from where u were unceremoniously KICKED out. Only a shameless , unethical person without any morality will do this. I have no grudge against him, its just that Karim prooves how cheap a person he is if he joins MB.

Agree. And only for money.

I don't want to quote the number of examples in foreign clubs where coaches/players have returned having been removed unceremoniously in the past, BUT this is Mohun Bagan
    Subrata Bhattacharjee has been treated badly but will always return if asked.
    Suchas Bhowmick got the sack after rescuing the team after the poor start in Stanley Rozarios' short spell, Bhowmick would return if asked

As for KB, he had a lot of support ( fans , officials, players ) but unfortunately in a club like MB there are always Club officials who have their own agenda, he fell prey to this.

He has more supporters than detractors at Mohun Bagan, and he always wanted to return to Kolkata where he felt he never got a chance to show what he could do.

The lure of the Bengal clubs grows with each year that they fail to win the I-League, coaches know that if they can achieve this ( being the 1st coach to win I-League with Kolkata team), they can not only ensure a sense of immortality in Kolkata , they can pretty much be set for life in terms of the money , future offers etc. that they will command.

Clubs that pay 5 crores for 2 players , will gladly cough up big money in bonuses for the coaches if they can deliver.

I recall Steve Darby & Manuel Gomez salary & bonus demands when they where touted for MB job.

The like of Bob Houghton will never be able to deal with the officials at MB and will start to bitch & moan from day 1 , but KB is a master of dealing with the clowns at Kolkata club and will actually relish the media attention & hype.

I personally think KB is being very shrewd (financially) and only time will tell if it was a bad decision.
    Given Salgaocar are 9th/10 teams in Goa League & 9th/14 teams in I-League , it's a tough job for whoever replaces KB at Salgaocar too.

Your last para indicates that KB has already left Salgcr. Plz quote ur source if possible. No news abt it in Goa. I dont want to get into a war of words with u over KB. If he leaves he is a selfish, self centered person.He made a commitment to guide Sal for the next 3 yrs and thats why he was given the liberty to choose the squad. And ur bablu da is like a dog, he will go wherever he finds food even if u stone him away.So dont worry, if nobody comes then bablu is there. Also let me add that Subhash Bhow has bluntly refused the job as he has been given a free hand at CB, which is not possible at MB.Quote frm goan daily.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

@Domnic give respect to bablu da. he lives,breaths mohun bagan. his blood colour is green & marun. mohun bagan is his family he is more mohun bagani than most of mb die hard fans. so u should think twice before giveing comments on bablu da.